Question

Apple Music content is missing from Albums.

Userlevel 3
Badge

A couple of days ago I went to play an album from my Apple Music library though my Sonos Connect, and could not find it. Looking more closely, I noticed that the “Albums” menu item only contains a tiny fraction of my music library - almost everything is missing. “Recently Added” and “Playlists” both look OK, but “Albums” is bad. I see the same on several controllers: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad are all the same.

Moreover, in the Windows application, when I visit “Albums”, I can browse it for a short time, and then the application terminates (the window just closes with no error message).

My library looks perfectly fine in iTunes and the native Apple Music app.

I left it a few days in case it was a transient effect but it persists.

I have tried removing the Apple Music service from my system and reconnecting it afresh, but this does not help.

I probably need a Sonos support case for this but the web site suggests that I try the forum first. I generated diagnostics 641008197 in case it helps anybody.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

74 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

With respect, I don’t think it is reasonable to describe this as a “feature request”. It’s a bug. It used to work, and now it doesn’t. The current behaviour is self evidently wrong. It’s a bug which affects the core functionality of the product. It shouldn’t take this long to fix it.

You must be new around here? Apple really don’t give a rip about proper Sonos support, they just keep their SMAPI service running and are seldom responsive to any requests to fix things. Spotify are the same. but the smaller music service companies do seem to care a lot more, and even have folks on these forums helping people on occasion.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

This is an ongoing bug issue that was already reported to our engineering team. As per my statement being a feature request concern, just to set everything clear, reporting to our engineering team includes bug issues, feature requests, and bugs on a recent update. This topic is a known issue that has been forwarded to our engineering team for investigation. his thread will be updated once the bug issue has been addressed and the same information would be posted on our announcement topic. 

Thanks for calling it out.

Please let subscribe to this thread for updates. We are always here to help out.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

You must be new around here? Apple really don’t give a rip about proper Sonos support, they just keep their SMAPI service running and are seldom responsive to any requests to fix things.

If it’s known to be an Apple bug, fair enough. I think this is the first time anybody has suggested that.

I can certainly see how missing albums from the list could be an Apple problem. It’s a bit harder to see how the mis-sorting into alphabetic sections could be Apple’s fault, as I’d expect that to be a presentation issue handled by the Sonos code.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

We do not have any updates on the progress of the investigation but rest assured that everything is being taken care of. This investigation is not solely focused on Sonos alone but also involves our music partners as a whole. I would also like to thank you for your patience and understanding on this situation. this topic will be updated as soon as the bug issue has been addressed.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You must be new around here? Apple really don’t give a rip about proper Sonos support, they just keep their SMAPI service running and are seldom responsive to any requests to fix things.

If it’s known to be an Apple bug, fair enough. I think this is the first time anybody has suggested that.

I can certainly see how missing albums from the list could be an Apple problem. It’s a bit harder to see how the mis-sorting into alphabetic sections could be Apple’s fault, as I’d expect that to be a presentation issue handled by the Sonos code.

Sonos never sort any content, the order of items is entirely determined by the music service provider.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sonos never sort any content, the order of items is entirely determined by the music service provider.

Be that as it may, the Sonos Windows application is also crashing out. I don’t see how Apple can be responsible for that. If it gets bad data from Apple, the app should give an error message and let you continue doing something else. It shouldn’t just terminate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Be that as it may, the Sonos Windows application is also crashing out. I don’t see how Apple can be responsible for that. If it gets bad data from Apple, the app should give an error message and let you continue doing something else. It shouldn’t just terminate.

For sure, though I don’t see that issue myself.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

If the crashing issue is not by any means related to Apple music, I would suggest removing Apple music as a music service from the Sonos app and test using other music services to see if the Sonos app still crashes. If it does, I would recommend uninstalling the Sonos app and download the Sonos app directly from our website through this link. Once the Sonos app has been re-installed, try to test if it still crashes. 

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

I’ve also started experiencing this recently, and I’m a little relieved to find this thread — but disappointed that there isn’t a resolution yet. This must not be a widespread problem?

My Apple Music library has about 600 albums. In the Sonos app, I’m only seeing 7 albums.

The other categories (artists, songs, playlists) look correct, but the albums list is totally broken.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @auricom.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

upon checking out internal articles about this issue, I came across the following recommendations.

• I recommend to use search for the particular Album within Apple Music-> My Music -> on Sonos.
  • You should then see the respective Album in their library and be able to play it.
  • I would recommend subscribing to this thread for future updates from Sonos.

Just to set your expectation, I will be more than happy to report this to our engineering team for collation. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Please let me know if you still have further issues or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I have the same problem with albums downloaded in Apple Music missing from within the Sonos app. This was not an issue with the old app. It happened immediately when I switched to the new app.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m experiencing the same issue, as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @nleach42 

upon checking out internal articles about this issue, I came across the following recommendations.

• I recommend to use search for the particular Album within Apple Music-> My Music -> on Sonos.
  • You should then see the respective Album in their library and be able to play it.

Just to set your expectation, this issue has already been reported to our engineering team for collation and they are still currently working on this. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Please let me know if you still have further issues or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @pjvent777.

Just to set your expectation, this issue has already been reported to our engineering team for collation and they are still currently working on this. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

It’s now a month since this defect was identified.  Could we please have an update with timing for a fix. This is a significant defect affecting the way users access Apple Music albums. Work arounds are not, after this time, a sufficient response. Please let us know what is being done to fix it (and please don’t just remind us to keep an eye on this thread for updates - positive information please).  Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Stuffu.

This issue has already been raised to our engineering team and is still working to resolve this issue. 

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj,

Thanks for your immediate response.

As indicated above, This is an issue and has already been reported to our engineers. 

Hi @auricom.

Just to set your expectation, I will be more than happy to report this to our engineering team for collation. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Thanks,

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,

Yep I have the same issue. Half my albums are gone and I always used the album feature as it’s convenient. Also my artists list has now decided to do the same thing and the sorting of artists alphabetically is all wrong

Exactly the same issue as described all happened with s2 update

I have this problem as well. It seems that random albums are missing from the Albums menu on my AppleTV, iMac and iPhone. I spent considerable time with a support person at Sonos who couldn’t figure out what was happening. He said there were only a few people with this issue and it’s probably Apple’s fault. I also did all of the above possible solutions to no avail, and really fail to see how Apple is involved, since the Albums selection works fine on the Apple devices I can access the library from. I hope someone at Sonos is working to fix this in a future update, as it is rather tedious to locate an album from the hundreds I have stored in my Music app. 

Badge

I have this problem too. In Apple Music/My Music I can see full contents in artist, songs and compilation lists, but not in albums. I just see ‘no selections are available’. This seems to coincide with the switch to S2. The album list is how I browse (doing a search for an album name is not a satisfactory option).

Please advise when this will be fixed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also have the same problem. It is a major pain to try to play anything on my Apple library when I used to be able to easily scroll through all the albums.  This is not a feature to be added it is a Bug to Be fixed because it used to work were all the albums would be listed. 
How many people have to complain Before Sonos fixes this.

I also have the same problem. It is a royal pain in the you know what, as I don’t see all of my albums in Sonos, only about 25 albums out of 300. I don’t want to have to search for an album all the time. I would like the previous ability where we could scroll through and see all the albums. Paul A Any status update on a resolution for this bug? Yes, it is a bug not a feature :)

A couple of days ago I went to play an album from my Apple Music library though my Sonos Connect, and could not find it. Looking more closely, I noticed that the “Albums” menu item only contains a tiny fraction of my music library - almost everything is missing. “Recently Added” and “Playlists” both look OK, but “Albums” is bad. I see the same on several controllers: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad are all the same.

Moreover, in the Windows application, when I visit “Albums”, I can browse it for a short time, and then the application terminates (the window just closes with no error message).

My library looks perfectly fine in iTunes and the native Apple Music app.

I left it a few days in case it was a transient effect but it persists.

I have tried removing the Apple Music service from my system and reconnecting it afresh, but this does not help.

I probably need a Sonos support case for this but the web site suggests that I try the forum first. I generated diagnostics 641008197 in case it helps anybody.

I have same iasue

Can you give a time-frame to sort this issue out?  It is so frustrating and really detracts from the enjoyment of using Sonos