Apple Music and Sonos "Stations"

• 7 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m a little disappointed that Apple Music is somewhat neutered when used though the Sonos app (no ability to start a station directly from a song like there is in the Apple Music app for example).  However, when searching Apple Music through the Sonos S2 app I noticed typing in an artist’s name and clicking on the “Stations” tab brings up lots of stations based on different songs from that artist.  Same thing when searching for a single song title, there are literally dozens of “stations”  based on that song in that list.  

Which is nice.  But where are these stations coming from exactly?  They don’t appear to be anywhere in Apple Music that I can see.  Is the Sonos app generating them?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Aside from being able to create Sonos playlists from streaming services content, all content, stations, playlists, etc., are from the service itself.  Sonos has no way of automatically generating playlists or stations.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@jgatie I guess stations are coming from Apple Music (they are after all listed under “Apple Music” on the iPhone app but not the desktop app).  

But it’s weird that there seems to be no way to actually access them in the  Apple Music app itself.  They don’t show up under searches for the same songs/artists there nor can I find them by browsing the stations portion of the app,  

Another weird thing is when you search a song title in the mobile app you get maybe 2 or 3 stations.  The same search in the desktop app returns literally 80 plus stations.  The desktop S2 app feels like it could use some more polish when compared to the mobiles S2 apps for sure.