Answered

Apple music and iPhone as controller

• 28 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I normally use spotify to stream music. Now I need Apple Music instead. But when i stream as I do with spotify, I cant leave the network. 
I hve set up the apple music the same way as with spotify. 
what am I doing wrong???

icon

Best answer by Xander P 1 March 2021, 10:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Marzzed, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything wrong here - Spotify Connect is actually quite unique in allowing you to control Sonos when not on the same local network.

Apple Music, however, doesn’t have that facility, and you’ll need to be connected to the same network as Sonos is in order to control music playback, either from the Apple Music app or the Sonos app.

And unlike Spotify, you cannot use the apple music app, unless you are also using airplay. It has to be via the apple music service from within the Sonos controller app.

And unlike Spotify, you cannot use the apple music app, unless you are also using airplay. It has to be via the apple music service from within the Sonos controller app.

That’s what I was afraid of. Sigh…
Then the move from spotify to apple music is hard to do.