Apple Music Activity Playlists Not Showing in Search

• 28 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Hi, Apple Music Activity playlists are no longer showing within the new Sonos S2 controller app. All playlists are available to see within the Apple Music app. I have contacted Apple and they have stated this is a Sonos issue. I have submitted diagnostics - 1090078363. This has never been an issue before - always worked fine before the S2 controller update,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Since it is Apple sending that data to the Sonos ecosystem, only Apple can fix it.

We have the same issue. Just started a couple of days ago. Only the Romance playlist shows on the list in the Apple curated playlists. Is there a fix for this yet. Have tried everything in all the forums I can find to not avail!! Can anyone assist? Pretty frustrating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

No updates to share from our side I’m afraid - I’d recommend reaching out to Apple Music Support directly, as the Sonos app will only show the information provided to it by Apple.

As a workaround, if you have AirPlay capable Sonos speakers, and an iOS/MacOS controller, you should be able to AirPlay from the Apple Music app to your Sonos system.

Any updates Sonos? This is a software issue since the upgrade to S2? Very frustrating to say the least! 

Agree with all the above. Very disappointing that both Apple and Sonos essentially don’t seem to care. 

I have had two senior apple engineers promise me they would stay in touch until this issue is sorted who have since lost touch - not helped by the apple call/callback system…

Like other commenters, I used the activity playlists a lot and with no fix in sight have now signed up to the spotify three month free trial.  If apple cannot fix it within that period then I guess I will switch - plus the car app I have for spotify is much better than the apple one!

I have exactly the same problem across all my devices (iphones, laptop or desktop) and two sonos systems (I have a holiday home where I have sonos set up as well). I used to use the Activity playlist function all the time and then whether it was after an upgrade it just doesn’t show any content. I do have content on other Apple playlists like curator ones.

This is really frustrating, anyone found a work around for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Sonos community, is there any update on this issue please? I have had numerous  phone calls with Apple and Sonos now. Apple have advised that they are aware that there is an issue and are working with Sonos to resolve this. Please can I have an update? Everything worked fine on the original Sonos app before the S2 upgrade. Frustrating!!!

Apple have already told you that they are working on it. Community members have no better access to Apple engineering than you do so not sure what kind of update you expect from us.

Hi Sonos community, is there any update on this issue please? I have had numerous  phone calls with Apple and Sonos now. Apple have advised that they are aware that there is an issue and are working with Sonos to resolve this. Please can I have an update? Everything worked fine on the original Sonos app before the S2 upgrade. Frustrating!!!

Hi - thanks for posting so quickly. I have turned off sync and even just uninstalled and reinstalled the music app and Sonos app. It is strange because if I click on Apple and then “new” other Apple playlists eg curator show up fine. It is just the activity ones that say “no selections are available”. 

Hi - was this ever resolved? I’ve been trying to get Apple to provide a solution but no joy so far. All help gratefully received!

Perhaps see if this link below may provide the answer you are possibly looking for:

https://www.tuneskit.com/apple-music-tips/fix-apple-music-playlist-gone.html

Hi - was this ever resolved? I’ve been trying to get Apple to provide a solution but no joy so far. All help gratefully received!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Lynsey Shaw, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about your issue with the Apple playlists. Thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your system. Upon checking, I can only see that Apple Music was added successfully on your account, but for your Activity Playlist, I cannot see it from my end. Have you tried it on another controller device where you have the Sonos App or reauthorizing the Apple Music service on the Sonos App? If those don’t work. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request a remote access or screen share to you to check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.