App Version 8.0, Line In Option

• 5 October 2017
  • 11 replies

Badge
Good morning,

Updated app automatically, got a bit of a shock this morning when my alarm didn’t go off. The alarm is an external DAB hifi unit, connected via Line In. I can’t actually find Line In as a source now in the new app - can anyone help?

Luckily I did manage to get to work in time - just 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Look in the new app at the bottom for browse. Line in is not under the my sonos default page
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Updated app automatically, got a bit of a shock this morning when my alarm didn’t go off. The alarm is an external DAB hifi unit, connected via Line In. I can’t actually find Line In as a source now in the new app - can anyone help?

I'm inferring from your post that the alarm is actually set on the DAB radio, and invokes Autoplay on a Sonos Line In when the alarm goes off? If so, you should first test that Autoplay is working by manually switching on the radio.

My various Line In inputs and Autoplay settings are all present and correct after the 8.0 update.
Badge
Thanks for the replies folks.

Have to say I have got no further with this. Line in is working when the radio is switched on manually, but for the life off me I cannot see how to get a room play from the source, via a Connect. The old app was very clear and you could simply select the Line In source, with this new version I just cannot find it. I did manage to get to it briefly, but when I went to show my wife how to find it, i couldn’t get back to it. Each room simply shows No Music, and I can find no way of changing it.

Sonos, as far as I’m concerned this update is rubbish. You had something clear, but now it has caused so much confusion. Not only that, but the iPhone app doesn’t appear to have the same information as the iPad version. Please can someone explain to me how to make a room play from my Line In, the way the System did yesterday.

Edited to add: Have found it I think, but the UI seems so non-intuitive to me. Nowhere near as clear as the old version; I don’t think it is simply me being a Luddite.
I was able to get to the line-in option by clicking on the 'Browse' option on the bottom of the app (in between My Sonos and Rooms). Agree that it wasn't intuitive. Took me a while to find.
thanks, that has sorted a problem for me. could only find line-in on the Mac, not on the app. Didn't think of looking on Browse. It's solved a marital dispute as well!
Am still unable to locate Line-in from the app & on my PC. Can anyone help? Am connecting Chromecast Audio to Play 5 Gen 2
Am still unable to locate Line-in from the app & on my PC. Can anyone help? Am connecting Chromecast Audio to Play 5 Gen 2

On the app, you can find it on 'browse' on the bottom of the app (last option of the browse list) and on the computer (I have a Mac) it's on the 'select a music source' screen. Hope that helps.
Still unable to locate the "Line-in", Is it anything to do with my grouping of Sound Bar +Woofer + LR (Play 5) + RR (Play 5) for Home Theater System? As i can see "Line-In" for a ungroup Single Play 5.

i Would like to connect my Google Cromecast Audio to the Play 5 grouped in the Home Theater System.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don’t beleive play:5 line ins work when paired as surrounds.
From the Line-in FAQ:

Please note that Line-In is disabled on the PLAY:5 (gen2) and CONNECT:AMP when they are used as surround speakers with the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE.
From the Line-in FAQ:

Please note that Line-In is disabled on the PLAY:5 (gen2) and CONNECT:AMP when they are used as surround speakers with the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE.

Thanks