Anyone using a LTE Router without dropouts on Tidal?

• 2 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei 4G Router 3 Pro and have dropouts when playing music from Tidal HiFi.

When I'm playing internet radio or using another music service (Telmore musik), which is lower bandwidth (320 kbps) I don't have dropouts.

I'm using a Connect gen. 2 hardwired to the router through an unmanaged switch. 

I know that LTE routers are not supported by Sonos, but am wondering if anyone has managed to use Tidal HiFi with a LTE Router?

​​​TIA

Moba

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Moba, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Tidal and Sonos. It is also not a recommended setup for Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers which may give unreliable connections. So that we can check the current status of your system, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi Simon B,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have submitted a diagnostics report just after a dropout: 622568512.

FYI my download speed is in the range of 15 to 85 Mbps, so it's well within the required 5 Mbps stated in the Tidal guide on Sonos.com.

Hope that you are able to help.

Regards Moba

Badge

Hi,

Just tried to play via Tidal Connect, and surprisingly no dropouts.

I submitted another diagnostics while playing:

Regards Moba

Badge

That was too soon, still dropouts: 264789957.

Moba

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Moba, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking on the report. It shows that there are a couple of issues with your system. Audio dropouts were detected, interference in Sonosnet or hardwired connection, audio playback failure. Kindly check these articles about Music service audio stops or skips and Reducing wireless interference for some troubleshooting steps that might help on this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi again @Simon B

I have tried all the relevant suggestions in the two articles. I have also done some physical reconfiguring of my network, which have improved things at bit. I stil have dropouts, although not as frequent.

One thing i don't quite underatand is all the troubleshooting regarding wireless network, when my connect is hardwired it shouldn't matter?

I have sent a diagnostics with the new config, after a dropout: 1123625788

I'm curious as to how things have improved, and if you have other tips.

Regards Moba

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Moba, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, It shows relevant issues of interference on your hardwired connections from the router to your speakers, If the issue persists, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps for this issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.