Answered

Anyone experiencing continuous Primephonic connection lost error messages?

• 23 February 2020
  • 12 replies

Badge +1

I have been unable to stream Primephonic for the last 2 days, whenever I try to play a track I get the message the connection to Primephonic was lost. I have tried closing and re=opening the app as well as rebooting my iPad but it doesn’t matter what track I select, I get the same error message. I can open Primephonic on their native app but not through Sonos. Is this a general outage?

icon

Best answer by jk10003 24 February 2020, 13:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I’m having the same issue. I rebooted my router and the speaker and reauthorized the Primephonic account. Sonos shows me Pp options and opens a new queue, but refuses to play anything, while the native apps work. Started a couple of days ago, when I changed my Pp account from monthly to annual.

Badge +1

And I am having the same problem, and I have had it for a number of days. I can listen to Primephonic with their app. In Sonos, I can view selections, but when I try to play, I get “connection lost”. I have rebooted and logged off and on everywhere. Based on another issue, I tried changing the SonosNet channel. Nothing makes it play.

I have the same problem, snd tried the same fixes as JayWigg with no success. This is evidently a problem that has cropped up before with Primephonic and Sonos. You’d really think they’d have fixed it.

I’d certainly try a reboot of the router, followed by a reboot of the speakers, but it sure sounds like, with the multiple posts, that the problem may be at Primephonic. You may want to contact them as well. 

Hi everyone, as Bruce points out, this may be an issue with the music service. I am not aware of an global issues with Primephonic, but please confirm you are in a supported region and using the proper level of service per the service provider using this link.

Along with a full network and Sonos equipment re-boot please submit us a diagnostic report and reply back with the report number and the results of the testing steps. The re-booting steps could correct for network issues affecting Sonos that are not affecting other devices on your network.

Lastly, please confirm that this is also happening with another music service like TuneIn or Spotify.

Same thing here. But Spotify is working fine, so I guess it is a Prinephonic issue. I emailed them but they haven’t responded. Should we start thinking about dropping Primephonic?

I did all the rebooting. Connection lost to prinephonic. Diagnostics number: 1809408401.

Spotify works fine.

I’ve just had a session on the phone to Sonos. After fiddling around with networks etc., the technician discovered a circular saying this issue was due to a Sonos server problem, and although there was not a timeframe given for a fix they expected it to be sorted by this afternoon.

Badge +1

I just received this from Primephonic support:

I am sorry to hear you experienced this inconvenience! I have bad news and good news. 

The good news is that it has been confirmed and our developers are going to investigate this issue as soon as possible. The bad news is that you will need to be patient and tolerant while waiting for a bugfix. I will reach out to you as soon as we will have more information about the status of the issue.

response from primephonic:

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Effectively, we had a known bug related to Sonos but our developers have worked hard on it and now, everything should be fixed!

I am away from and won’t know whether it works or not until I return from work...

Userlevel 2

Same problem, contacted Primephonic two days ago but no answer yet. The only additional action I took cf. those mentioned here earlier was to downgrade my subscription from Platinum lossless (24bit) to Premium MP3 when I remembered Sonos can’t handle 24bit … still didn’t fix it!

Suppose we just sit and wait. Not good.

Badge +1

I got an email from Primephonic first thing this morning to say there was a software glitch was has been resolved and all should be okay. On checking the service is now restored! I raised this with them yesterday afternoon so am pretty impressed with their response/speed of resolution given that many online providers take days to even send a holding response!