Answered

Android S2 App missing Artist Info Selection

In the old (S1) Android Sonos App - and in the Windows PC “app” (both S1 and S2) there was a popup selection to be able to browse artist info. This does not exist in the new Android App. How can you do this  in the new Android based app. I guess the developers of the new product don’t actually listen to music in social situations “ hey what other black keys albums do you have ?” sorry I have to go and look at my music library and go through the 100+ artists to find it. Last time we came over for dinner (S1 app) you just found Turn Blue straight away !!!” Maybe the S2 developers were Covid-19 aware and so had already turned blue %-?

icon

Best answer by John B 7 August 2020, 07:24

If you look carefully at your second screenshot, just below ‘View all Songs on Album’, you can just see the top of ‘Browse the Artist’ waiting to be scrolled to.  There is no setting you need to set.

With respect, user error.

View original

14 replies

1000+ artists !!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tombay the fog.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to know what music service is affected by this issue. Does this include the music library option on browse or just music services such as Spotify or Pandora? Are all of the music services affected or is this specific to a music service?

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks.

Hi Paul.

This is playing music from my music Library. It also happens for Bandcamp.

The Issue also happens on the Apple IPhone S2 App.

The S2 Desktop App has an I “button”. The side panel that pops out (Info & Options) has choices

View All Songs on Abum, Album Info, Artist Info...

The Artist Info has Browse The Artist, View Songs by This Artist…

On the Android App (and Also on the Iphone App) to the right of the Album Playing is …

When you click on it you only get View All Songs on Album, Crossfade(On), Sleep Timer (Off)

Ciao

Tom

Are you sure you don’t just need to scroll down to get the other options?

In the old (S1) Android Sonos App - and in the Windows PC “app” (both S1 and S2) there was a popup selection to be able to browse artist info. This does not exist in the new Android App. How can you do this  in the new Android based app. I guess the developers of the new product don’t actually listen to music in social situations “ hey what other black keys albums do you have ?” sorry I have to go and look at my music library and go through the 100+ artists to find it. Last time we came over for dinner (S1 app) you just found Turn Blue straight away !!!” Maybe the S2 developers were Covid-19 aware and so had already turned blue %-?

Just checked now that back at my system.  You do just need to scroll down to get more options.  Maybe you feel a little embarrassed by the tone of your post now?

With respect J.B.

I have included 5 screen shots.

1 MainScreen. Touching the Down Arrow (left top) gives the Settings page. Touching the double bar (right top) give the edit playlist page. If I touch the ellipsis (...) I get

2 MusicChoices

That is all the page presents me with - and there is no downward scroll. If I touch View all songs on Album I get

3 ViewChoices

This  gives me the list of songs on the album and nothing below the last song. If I touch the ellipsis on this page I get

4 ViewPopup1

Scrolling down gives me

ViewPopup2

Nothing more…

Perhaps there is some other setting to enable this option (either in the App or some Android setting).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

J.B. had a struggle playin’ unappreciated blues in vain

Now the blues has lost a king and I’ve lost a friend who died in vain...

If you look carefully at your second screenshot, just below ‘View all Songs on Album’, you can just see the top of ‘Browse the Artist’ waiting to be scrolled to.  There is no setting you need to set.

Thanks for that. I have impaired vision and did not see it until I looked VERY closely

Next time I’ll fight for you J. B. %-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Poor piece of UX though, there really should be a hint that there is more on these menus.

Poor piece of UX though, there really should be a hint that there is more on these menus.

Yes I have to agree.  Far too much prominence and space given to Crossfade, Sleep Timer and Cancel, leaving a tiny letterbox through which to scroll the list.  Terrible.  So I can understand why @tombay the fog missed it, but the deeply unpleasant tone of his original post was unnecessary.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes I have to agree.  Far too much prominence and space given to Crossfade, Sleep Timer and Cancel, leaving a tiny letterbox through which to scroll the list.  Terrible.  So I can understand why @tombay the fog missed it, but the deeply unpleasant tone of his original post was unnecessary.

Why are you tone policing? Who gives an f.

Why are you tone policing? Who gives an f.

I don’t like your tone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @ALL.

Thank you guys for helping one of our members in the community.

Let’s keep calm and do our best. I would be more than happy to send this up to our engineering team to take a look at. Thank you for the feedback and recommendations.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions to concerns @tombay the fog. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I am sorry if I offended anyone, I was not aware that my initial post was offensive, it was just meant to be a little dig for which I am sorry.

Thanks to John B again.

I can walk the streets of this dirty old town in the sunshine of a winters day, smell the touch, see the sounds, speed through the universe, and remember the 60s..