Android App Apple Music Issue

• 11 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there anywhere I can get updates on the issue that has been going on for nearly a week now?

I have Apple Music added via the Sonos App however, It is constantly asking me to re-authorise Apple Music.  I have done this a few times and ends up saying “Unable to browse music”.

Service Status Page indicated no issues with Apple Music (there is a partial outage in my opinion). Been told a few times on chat “Use an iOS device”, I don’t have one and shouldn’t have to have one, to be able to use the services fully.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Perhaps see the last post in this recent thread…

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'll give it a try. I did uninstall the Sonos app and everything last week however, the issue still persisted.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update 12/08/2022:

e-chat this morning and was advised that they still don’t have an estimated fix time for this issue. I have again asked for the Service Status Page to be updated, as currently it suggest no issues at all and clearly there is a partial outage.

I was also advised again “use an iOS device”, doesn’t really help when you are Android user.

There is a beta version 4.0 of the Android Apple Music app on apk mirror, use the latest version dated 17th September

Sign out and uninstall the apple music app and remove the apple music service from Sonos.

Download the Apple music 4.0  beta version from APK mirror and install, then sign into your account. Add the service in Sonos and you should be able to browse Apple music on Sonos again.

Badge

MikeMC24 thank you very much !

Your advice helped me .