Answered

Amazon streaming music broken with last update?

After updating my sonos app two days ago Amazon streaming has fallen apart. About 75% of my 20,000+ songs on the amazon cloud will not play through Sonos.

I mostly get the error "That song is no longer included in your Amazon Music streaming service. Please try another song." though every 5-7th one gives me the "Unable to play 'XXX' - the song is not encoded correctly." error.

These are purchased and uploaded songs, not free prime or unlimited songs. They stream and download perfectly through Amazon's mobile app, web browser, and desktop players.

I have reauthorized my Amazon account through Sonos with no change. I have removed the Amazon service and re-added it completely to Sonos with no change. Before and after those steps it is the same songs that play and fail.

The songs failing today played through Sonos three days ago, before I updated. What is the next step to correct this?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 18 May 2019, 10:34

The issue seems to has been resolved.
View original

30 replies

I'm getting an error saying "This song is no longer available in your Amazon streaming service. Please choose another track."

Just started today after an app update. Its random on the songs it lets me play. I thought it was just the songs I uploaded to Amazon at first but its also songs I purchased from them as well. Tried re-auth. my account, updating my profile, uninstalling/reinstalling app (IoS and Android), complete reboot of entire network one device at a time (modem, router, sonos boost) and nothing fixes it.

In North America, anyone else having these issues or does anyone know how to resolve this bc I now have about 2,000 songs that are unplayable.
In order to give Sonos a better chance to actually see what's going on, may I recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or ...

I can recreate the issue on demand, the same songs fail to play with the same error every time. I just tried an album I purchased yesterday that plays perfectly through Amazon cloud and continue to get the same error through Sonos. I ran Diagnostics and my magic number is... 790607165
Great. I think the community moderators on the west coast leave for the day at 6PM, which is in 4 minutes. If you wait for them, it may be tomorrow or even next Monday before you get a response. I'd certainly recommend contacting Sonos support, which are available 24/7, in contrast to the community folks.
I am getting the same error message in the UK
I am getting the same error message in the UK
If you are actually referring to Alexa... there's an ongoing outage. Keep an eye on https://status.sonos.com/
I am getting the same error in the UK. Started yesterday.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am having same problem. It makes about half of my amazon music unplayable on Sonos. It makes me wonder why I ever bought 4 Sonos speakers in the first place .
Yes, I’m having this issue too...

Diagnostic: 262188846

The same tracks appear to be playing fine in the Amazon Music Native App.

Userlevel 1
Badge
Have just sent a diagnostic on this same problem.

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 2:47 PM Central Time
That song is no longer included in your Amazon Music streaming service. Please try another song.
Friday, May 17, 2019 - 3:47 PM Central Time
That song is no longer included in your Amazon Music streaming service. Please try another song.

In USA Chicago area,
"Your confirmation number is: 2002524799."

Affects about 50% of my bought and paid for messages.
Seems to coincide with Sonos app update install.
I have tried all remedies mentioned above by previous posters.
Userlevel 1
Badge
affects 50% of my bought and paid for albums.
Same issue here. Diagnostic confirmation number is 20809007920. Austin TX.

Artist is Big Big Train. Album is The Grand Tour (pre-ordered, just dropped today).

Tracks that will not play are:

04 - Roman Stone
07 - Ariel
08 - Voyager

I get clued into the fact that they will not play if I do a search for the band but pick the results that come up under "Amazon Music" instead of "My Music" - the available track listing does not show those tracks.

On side note, I tried playing it directly from my phone instead (I have the physical tracks downloaded and when I am not around my Sonos I can use my PowerAmp app and BT headphones). Absolutely nothing will add to the queue from my phone. Possibly a different problem but, hey, Sonos folks, you have my diagnostics, so...
Userlevel 1
Badge
I can only say that, after several years of Sonos and 4 speakers, I am finally losing my patience with this product line. The apps are terrible (almost unreadable black on black); the dropping of albums with amazon is perennial, but now outrageous; The frequent upgrades are a nuisance, especially when they result in problems like this; and, you cant bluetooth or play conventional media through it.... my wife has thrown in the towel on Sonos...I am a techie, and classical musician, but I am just about there myself... this is suckie techhie in the extreme. A good system of computer speakers is a much better deal, financially, reliability-wise, and even if the sound quality is only 90% Sonus. What a shame Sonus can't seem to get it right. What a shame.
Might be that Amazon changed something on their backend thereby accidentally producing a software bug. Things will straigthen out... with some patience on our part.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone.

As @Smilja said, we have been having troubles recently regarding Alexa playback due to an outage.

As of today this outage has been resolved. If you are still having issues, my recommendation is to get in direct contact with our support technicians. They will be able to collect any information needed and get this sorted.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge
THIS IS NOT AN ALEXA ISSUE. I can't play my amazon music mp3's to my sonos system .. no alexa.
@Keith N. Yes, same here, this is an issue with the Amazon Music Service installed in the Sonos App.. it is not Alexa related at all and the wrong answer has been marked in this thread. Please see the screenshots posted earlier from trying to initiate playback using the Sonos App.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
THIS IS NOT AN ALEXA ISSUE. I can't play my amazon music mp3's to my sonos system .. no alexa.

Understood. After following up with the team, it seems they were made aware of the "Unable to play xxx - the song is not encoded properly" issue on Amazon Music yesterday. They are able to reproduce the issue and are still collecting information to actively work towards a solution.

If you'd like to help, contact our support team directly so they can create a support ticket and keep you in the loop directly. Otherwise, I will be sure to post an update here as information becomes available.

Thanks for understanding.
Thanks @Keith N. 👍
Thanks very much Smilja, yes mine is now working.👍
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes, it does now seem to be working. That was fast and efficient, Thank you!
Badge
I don't have an option for Amazon music service, I'm in Canada. Is this available or not?
I have 4 days left to return this unit back to Amazon for a refund
Due to licensing issues, Amazon Music is not available on Sonos in Canada. It is assumed it has something to do with the multi-room capabilities of Sonos. Each region's licensing and distribution deals can define individual streams differently, and most are mired in decades old legal language that does not translate well to the digital age.
Badge
UGH, that is disappointing to say the least... thanks for the reply.