Question

amazon streaming drops and restarts

• 23 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
As the trial is free to Prime Members I upgraded to Amazon Unlimited. Not functionally as good as Deezer - but we perhaps should give Amazon a chance. But when streaming "stations" it frequently gets half or a minute into the track - drops out - and then restarts the track - sometimes more than once. A little annoying. Never had this problem with Deezer since the upgrade to superfast broadband. I'll be ending my Unlimited trial if this doesn't rectify itself.
Anyone else experienced this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi markofyork,

Please send in a diagnostic report after you experience some of these audio interruptions. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Badge
Evening Jeff, Amazon stations dropped out again so have submitted diagnostics. Number 6860085. Mark.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Evening Jeff, Amazon stations dropped out again so have submitted diagnostics. Number 6860085. Mark.

There's some wireless interference causing communication errors which is likely the reason for the audio drops. Please try adjusting the Sonos wireless channel and see if that helps.
Badge
Thanks - will do. Just seems odd that it never seems to happen with Deezer Elite which I actually play a lot more than Amazon.