Amazon Prime Music Canada

• 15 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Amazon Prime just added music service in Canada. Does anyone know when you will be able to add this music service to Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

+1 this
+1 too
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I believe Ryan from Sonos commented on integration of the new Canadian Amazon/Alexa offerings elsewhere a few days ago. On a personal note, I have some experience with Amazon Prime music through my former US Prime account. (I'm Canadian). IMHO it has a very limited selection. While major streaming services have 30-40 million titles, Amazon Prime has about 1 million. (Not to be confused with Amazon Music.) Many artists are missing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Here’s your answer. I just came across it again.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/amazon-music-canada-6794201/index1.html#post16167840
What’s the difference between Amazon Music and Amazon Prime?
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
What’s the difference between Amazon Music and Amazon Prime?
About 30 million songs,
Tried to add Amazon to my Sonos but there doesn’t seem to be a connection when I look it up?
There is Amazon Music Canada (Free with Prime membership) and Amazon Music Unlimited Canada ($7.99 +tax/month on top of Prime Membership). Unlimited has significantly more artists but neither are available as a Sonos music service on the controller. Once you've asked Alexa to play a song on a Sonos One it will display the song and you can skip forward or backwards but that's about the extend of it. IMO if you are thinking of paying for Unlimited spend the $2 extra and get Spotify instead. You can load it on your Sonos controller and save yourself a lot of aggravation.