Amazon Music Unlimited issue - Unable to browse music

• 20 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 42 replies

Hi,

I have been experiencing an issue with Amazon Music Unlimited for a few days now.

Trying to browse Amazon Music brings up the Playlists/Stations/Charts list as usual, but then clicking on any of these results in a spinning wheel before timing out with the ‘Unable to browse music’ message. This has previously worked fine. Choosing ‘My Music’ allows me to navigate through Artists to a list of Artists (so it is seeing my account fine), but then choosing an artist results in the same ‘unable to browse’ message

Using Sonos’ artist search for ‘Cure’ brings up a page of results from my local Music Library, Amazon Music and Spotify (I use the free tier), but then clicking on ‘The Cure’ says ‘unable to browse’.

I have previously added Amazon Music playlist and albums to My Sonos. These no longer work, although the album and playlist art does show on My Sonos (I assume this is pulled each time, but may be stored locally).

I have restarted my router and then all my Sonos speakers, and removed/readded my Amazon Music account to Sonos to ensure it’s nothing at my end. And my subscription remains valid as using the Amazon Music app itself works fine.

Other services (Sonos Radio, Spotify) are working fine.

Amazon Music is working fine from Amazon Echo devices that I have.

Anyone else experiencing this issues Sonos?

icon

Best answer by DGR1 24 June 2020, 13:45

I’ve been through the Sonos support process with a very helpful representative. He looked through diagnostics and we discussed my setup.

It transpires that the issue is caused by my using 4G for my home broadband as opposed to more conventional ADSL/fibre connectivity. Perhaps DNS related. I used Amazon Music successfully for many months, but something changed at Amazon’s end and now it causes a 95% failure rate when trying to access music. Spotify works fine as do Sonos Radio and Radio Paradise.

I was subsequently pointed to this article which broadly says don’t use a 4G connection for Sonos - https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US.

I also tested Audible (Amazon-owned) which failed as well. And I switched to a different router with the same result.

So now I am on a Spotify trial which is working well.

Just posting here to help others. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I see Amazon Stations stored in My Sonos go dead from time to time. Looking at Amazon has shown the station there, usually with a different icon. Adding the new Station to My Sonos gives me two Stations with the same name but different icons. The new one works, the other remains dead.

Been playing a lot of Amazon stations this weekend with no other issues.

Get the error, submit a diagnostic and post the number here or call Sonos support Monday.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yes, I occasionally had to add stations again, I assume following a refresh of the station by Amazon.

Unfortunately, nothing from Amazon Music is working for me at the moment, so I will give Sonos Support a go.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’ve been through the Sonos support process with a very helpful representative. He looked through diagnostics and we discussed my setup.

It transpires that the issue is caused by my using 4G for my home broadband as opposed to more conventional ADSL/fibre connectivity. Perhaps DNS related. I used Amazon Music successfully for many months, but something changed at Amazon’s end and now it causes a 95% failure rate when trying to access music. Spotify works fine as do Sonos Radio and Radio Paradise.

I was subsequently pointed to this article which broadly says don’t use a 4G connection for Sonos - https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US.

I also tested Audible (Amazon-owned) which failed as well. And I switched to a different router with the same result.

So now I am on a Spotify trial which is working well.

Just posting here to help others.