Question

Amazon Music One Echo Device Account: Can it be used as Sonos music source?

• 25 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I'd like to inquire if anyone else has tried to connect their Sonos to an Amazon Music "Single Echo Device" plan? I don't know that I want to start paying $8/mo for a personal Amazon Music Unlimited account when my free months are up. I just don't use it that much (but its great when I do!). However I'd be interested in trying out the "Amazon Music Unlimited Echo Plan at ~$4/mo... https://www.amazon.com/b?node=15451028011&ref=sv_dmusic_amu_flyout_echo ....

Has anybody made an Alexa/Sonos player connection using that particular Amazon Unlimited Music Plan?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +1
When I go to my Amazon Unltd Music options (choice of plans and payments) this is the information pop-up associated with Amazon "Echo (plan)" subscription:

"Unlimited for Echo allows you to stream music on a single Echo device (including Dot and Tap). To change your current subscription to the Echo plan, go to your preferred Echo device and say, “Alexa, downgrade Amazon Music.” Your subscription will change to the Echo plan at the end of the current term, at which point music streaming will be limited to your preferred device."

Almost sounds like this could work...but now I'm wondering; the Amazon Unltd Individual and Family Plans are administered from an app or apps and not "locked" to one device i.e. one can assign users and devices. The Amazon Unltd Echo plan is tied/administered if you will from that one Echo (based on MAC Address of that unique Echo?).