Answered

Amazon Music Not working

I am receiving periodically messages when I try to access Amazon Music through my Sonos system that I need to go to Amazon.music.com and supply missing information. I go to the website and there is absolutely no missing information. I delete and install Amazon music in my music services and it usually works, but the next day I can not access Amazon Music. Is this a system issue?  

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 1 May 2022, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

I certainly been part of rollouts to various places that didn’t always go as planned, which is why I raised the question. Sometimes, as they say, the best laid plans of mice and men…..

Wouldn’t overwhelm my sensibilities if this was a temporary hiccup due to one of those “well, we tried to push the new data to this server, and it didn’t take until the fifth time” kind of thing. 

But we also didn’t really tell people what the issue was, either. :)

Userlevel 7

Interestingly, Amazon also just pushed out a new iOS client. Makes one wonder if they’ve changed something on their servers, and not updated everything across the board yet. 

I noticed a new iOS app was available. All seems to be working again now though.

Interestingly, Amazon also just pushed out a new iOS client. Makes one wonder if they’ve changed something on their servers, and not updated everything across the board yet. 

I’ve just received a message saying Amazon Music is experiencing an outage and status page is now showing this issue too…

https://status.sonos.com

There appears to be a general problem at the moment with Amazon on Sonos. The Amazon native apps are also very sluggish.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/amazon-prime-music/

Do it anyway. My impression is that Sonos is trying to reduce unnecessary reports, but if you’re going to call in, it’s better to submit one within 10 minutes of getting the error, so the data will show up in the logs. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Now, when I do a search, Amazon Music appears in the results, so I click on the artist under Amazon Music and get “Requested operation failed. Please try again.”, which I do, same message.

YouTube Music is working fine, which is nice, but their audio quality is not as good.

I was going to submit a diagnostic, but app says should only do that if support requests it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I find the Amazon issues with music aggravating, haven’t found any fix faster than just waiting the error out while listening to other music.

Rebooting all my Sonos is not a good option here as the power connections are hard to get to on a couple systems (several have remote switches but not all) I really miss the “re-boot device” web option that Sonos removed, it would let me sit here and reboot everything in a minute.

Maybe related the spouse is ticked at Amazon’s Prime Video, it has locked her out multiple times the past couple days, similar error message. No help from Amazon, rebooting the FireStick might be helping.

I have had same issues. Contacted Amazon customer service via their chat. Complained pretty hard. The person said she did something and it won’t happen again. Well it happened again today. I get about an hour in before it happens. Complained again today. They recommended deleting Sonos app and reinstalling. Not convinced

Also having the same issue over the  course of the past month or so. Re-authorizing doesn't seem to help, but waiting it out does. Has anyone had success in contacting Amazon since this doesn't appear to be a Sonos issue? Thank goodness for Sonos Music because at least I have an option for filling in the blanks when AM is not working!

Amazon does not maintain any presence in these forums. 

Same problem for me. Just contributing to the discussion in case someone notices and solves it. It’s driving me crazy!

Userlevel 2

Same problem for me. Getting annoying. Hope someone at Sonos or Amazon is listening…

I do not believe it is Amazon, although I may be wrong, because I go to the Amazon app on my ipad and stream to Sonos and it works fine...just not with the Sonos app

It looks like it’s authentication with 3rd-party services, rather than any connection with the use of Amazon’s own App, as this is apparently happening on other non-Sonos devices too. See this link

https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/5794247084951

If it’s happening with bluesound products, then it more than infers that it’s an Amazon issue with their authorisation token, so I still think it’s worth speaking to Amazon Support.

edit: Also see this post…

But Sonos isn’t in the middle here. Your speakers are reaching out to the Amazon authorization server to receive the necessary authorization to play the source, which is also on Amazon’s servers.

Perhaps if you were to submit a diagnostic, and contact Sonos directly, they might be able to assist you, with the hard data in the diagnostic?

I do not believe it is Amazon, although I may be wrong, because I go to the Amazon app on my ipad and stream to Sonos and it works fine...just not with the Sonos app

\

OK OK, Sonos, what is going on with Amazon Music. Like others here, issues started recently. Getting various error messages.. “unable to browse,” “authorization errors,” and today “go to music.amazon.com” and do something mysterious. I’ve been using Amazon Music on Sonos for years and all hell has broken loose the last 2 days. I was on chat with a Sonos Support yesterday and they told me that they have been getting complaints about Amazon and that they were “working on it.” 

Get this fixed Sonos!! Or at least communicate something to us. The Amazon Music app works fine on my phone. (And please don’t tell me to use bluetooth as a workaround… there is a reason I’ve invested $1000’s in Sonos equipment and it wasn’t to use stupid bluetooth from my phone).

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have had similar problems as recently as yesterday.  Amazon suddenly stopped working.  I tried to re-authorize numerous times but repeatedly received a Sonos error message saying that I needed to check my internet connection (which was working fine).  I removed the service entirely but was given a similar error message when I tried to add it as a new service.  A few hours later I was able to add it as a new service and it to be working for now.  There did seem to be some reports of Amazon Music outages yesterday but I cant really cite a reliable source since it was from random google results…i think i saw it on downdetector.com or something similar…

Maybe see this related thread and note this seems to be happening on other ‘non-Sonos’ devices too and appears to be related with Amazons authentication token  - anyhow see here:

This keeps happening to me quite often.
I’ll be in the middle of listening to Amazon Music and then all of a sudden it’s not working.

When I go to try and reauthorize, it tells me there was a problem authorizing my account and to check my internet connection [which is fine!].

Other services, like my local music library or youtube music are still working.

I just sent a diagnostic 1731163895

Amazon Music has worked great for years until recently and I haven’t changed anything.

Same issue.  It has happened three times within a couple of days.  Most frustrating. Amazon music works if I use the Amazon app and airplay it but if I am in the Sonos music there is a message that my internet is down or I have to reauthorize Amazon.  Go to Amazon account and it is Authorized.  I had an ipad pro and now 5 gen ipad air wonder if that is the problem. Lost Amazon yesterday after I used iphone to retune truplay.

I started to get this issue about a week or 10 days ago. I had to either 1) wait for a while before it worked again automatically 2) or, re-auth. However, sometimes, I couldn’t even re-auth and had to wait too. The Sonos app on my iOS would complain about the connection issue with Amazon Music (I could still play Amazon Music from the Amazon Music desktop app on my Mac all the time without any issues). It is very annoying. There must be something going on which only Amazon and Sonos can fix...

Userlevel 7

The issue seems to be with accounts in US/Canada, based on the profiles of users reporting this error.

The more people that report it to Sonos Support, the more likely the issue will be resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This keeps happening to me quite often.
I’ll be in the middle of listening to Amazon Music and then all of a sudden it’s not working.

When I go to try and reauthorize, it tells me there was a problem authorizing my account and to check my internet connection [which is fine!].

Other services, like my local music library or youtube music are still working.

I just sent a diagnostic 1731163895

Amazon Music has worked great for years until recently and I haven’t changed anything.

Userlevel 1

This is solved by Re-Authorizing Sonos to use Amazon. 

On the IOS app

1. go into “Services & Voice” 
  2. go into “Amazon Music”
  3. Select “Re-Authorize Account” and follow prompts
  4. Wait 5-10 minutes and the problem should be solved.

I had this problem this morning and this worked for me.

I have had the same problem for the past month.

The prospect of calling either Amazon or Sonos for phone support exhausts me in advance.

However, I just went to Settings on the Sonos app, then Services & Voice, then selected Amazon. I was prompted to reauthorize the service and there was a checkbox to remain signed in.

I completed this and Amazon music is restored. The app’s direction for ME to go to music.amazon.com was a complete red herring.