Answered

Amazon Music Not working

I am receiving periodically messages when I try to access Amazon Music through my Sonos system that I need to go to Amazon.music.com and supply missing information. I go to the website and there is absolutely no missing information. I delete and install Amazon music in my music services and it usually works, but the next day I can not access Amazon Music. Is this a system issue?  

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 1 May 2022, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Do it anyway. My impression is that Sonos is trying to reduce unnecessary reports, but if you’re going to call in, it’s better to submit one within 10 minutes of getting the error, so the data will show up in the logs. 

There appears to be a general problem at the moment with Amazon on Sonos. The Amazon native apps are also very sluggish.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/amazon-prime-music/

I’ve just received a message saying Amazon Music is experiencing an outage and status page is now showing this issue too…

https://status.sonos.com

Interestingly, Amazon also just pushed out a new iOS client. Makes one wonder if they’ve changed something on their servers, and not updated everything across the board yet. 

Userlevel 7

Interestingly, Amazon also just pushed out a new iOS client. Makes one wonder if they’ve changed something on their servers, and not updated everything across the board yet. 

I noticed a new iOS app was available. All seems to be working again now though.

I certainly been part of rollouts to various places that didn’t always go as planned, which is why I raised the question. Sometimes, as they say, the best laid plans of mice and men…..

Wouldn’t overwhelm my sensibilities if this was a temporary hiccup due to one of those “well, we tried to push the new data to this server, and it didn’t take until the fifth time” kind of thing. 

But we also didn’t really tell people what the issue was, either. :)