Answered

Amazon Music no search results through Sonos app

• 16 October 2020
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 6 replies

I have Sonos App updated and Amazon Music unlimited. When I use the app on my phones and desktop it works perfectly. However when using the Sonos App on the laptop, when I do a search no results appear.

I’ve updated the app. Reauthorised the service. Disconnected and reconnected to the network. Rebooted. Uninstalled and reinstalled all apps. Still not search results in the SOnos App when doing the same search as on the phone (yes spleed correctly).

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 17 October 2020, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @YAC.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To verify, this is specifically happening within the Sonos app using your laptop.

May I know the laptop’s operating system version so we can check if there's a known issue or a configuration is needed?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app using the laptop, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

For reference, you may check this article that provides the operating system and device requirements for the Sonos S1 controller and the Sonos S2 app. 

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi Annazel,

Thanks for the response. OS is Windows 10 home Version    10.0.18363 Build 18363

Laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 910.

Diagnostics Report reference is 1343383756

Thanks,

David

Hi @YAC.​​​

To verify, this is specifically happening within the Sonos app using your laptop.

Hi Annazel, I just realised I didn’t answer this bit. Yes it only happens on this laptop using the S2 app. S1 was uninstalled as soon as S2 was released. On each of our phones and other computers (all on S2), the search works perfectly.

Thanks,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @YAC.

Thanks for your response and update.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, particularly on the Windows controller logs and details, it shows that it is connected to another network that is different from where your Sonos system was set. Quite possible that it is connected to a guest network or another wireless access point.

If the laptop is using a wireless connection, please check the Wifi settings and remove it from that network and any stored credentials must be cleared, then join the main wireless router’s network. In order for Sonos products and controllers to associate with each other, they must be connected to the same network.

Hopefully, that resolves it,  and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Thanks Again Annazel. I changed the laptop back to the 2.4 network from the 5.0 one on the same router. That seemed to work. It is unfortunate the Sonos devices can't take advantage of the better ac networks. To be able to use Sonos I have to cripple the entire network is disappointing.

At least I know the reason why.

Thanks again,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @YAC

Thanks for your response and for the update.

My apologies if you have to go through with this in order to get it working.

I appreciate your time and patience with the troubleshooting.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

You’re always welcome in the community!