Answered

Amazon music in India and Sonos one

• 28 February 2018
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi
Amazon's music service has launched in India, and I am a prime member. When will be available in Sonos as I have Sonos One.
Regards
Saumya Ganguli
icon

Best answer by Edward R 9 March 2018, 16:16

Hi, soumya11in. No news to share at this time, but we will flag your interest and forward it to the necessary team. We will be sure to let you know when this becomes available. Many thanks.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, soumya11in. No news to share at this time, but we will flag your interest and forward it to the necessary team. We will be sure to let you know when this becomes available. Many thanks.
Badge
Hi there. I own a Play:5 and I'm really satisfied with my purchase. I want to back the request above to please integrate Amazon Music for owners in India as I'm also a Amazon Prime subscriber & want to be able to listen to Amazon Music on my Sonos. Please launch it asap.!
I brought a Sonos One from the US for use in India. Shall I return it....I understand from this thread that the product doesn't work in India and there is no plans to support it in 2018....
Badge
Hi Suju. That is not the case. Sonos works perfectly fine in India. The issue in discussion here is regarding Sonos supporting 'Amazon Music' amongst its list of music services like SoundCloud, Saavn, and Gaana. We as end-users are asking Sonos to add Amazon Music to its list of music services. Hope this clarifies your doubt.
Hi Nitin. Will Alexa work, Can I play the songs from these services through the voice assistant...Sonos One comes with Alexa inbuilt right...
Badge
I would also like to back the above request. Looking forward to seeing Amazon music available soon on my Sonos...
Badge
Me too. Waiting for Amazon music on Sonos in India.
Badge
Any update on this thread...
I too would really love to see Alexa and amazon music integration! I have multiple Sonos 1s, the play bar the base and have two fives coming for the terrace!
I use Amazon music via Alexa on Sonos because I have line in jacks on my Connect Amps to which the Dot can be easily wired; and this actually offers a better user experience than what the still half baked Sonos Alexa integration does even in the US. This route bypasses the nonsense of waiting for Sonos to get their act together which could take months if not years. Unfortunately this can only be done on kit with line in jacks - Connect/Connect Amp/Play 5.
Was Sonos a mistake? Am in India and just got 3 Play:1 but hardly any good services available in India. Surprised that it does not support Amazon Music. Am wondering in this day and age why is Sonos forcing users to get subscriptions? It should just behave like any other Bluetooth speakers and just play anything and everything that the phone plays. By being so restrictive it's killing its own market, especially when more and more companies including google home, Amazon Echo, Yamaha, etc. are into this wifi / multi-room speaker business.

Luckily they offer 45 days return .. Am sending mine back!!
Lucky you. We don’t have that option. We have to wait and watch.
Sonos - any update on this? Any probable date you can share?
There are many equally good alternatives to Sonos now; why wait and watch for Sonos? Get a Dot and a powered speaker/speaker pair to connect the Dot to, and you are good to go.
I wasted my money buying Sonos few years back from the US .. Now that amazon music is in india ... still this does not work. I am so unhappy
I second all the above requests. Something that is available in other countries (Amazon prime music), why not just make it available to us in India. We have actually gone to other countries and bought Sonos speakers, making us actually amongst Sonos most loyal customers to take such pains.

I own about 15 sonos speakers and I'm really satisfied with my purchase. I want to back the request above to please integrate Amazon Music for owners in India as I'm also a Amazon Prime subscriber & want to be able to listen to Amazon Music on my Sonos. Please launch it asap.!

Meanwhile for fellow Sonos users in India, Google music (paid) seems to work superbly.

Looking forward to this.
+1, seems lame that it works in other geos but not India.
Any updates on this ? It's sad that this isn't already available.
Hi, soumya11in. No news to share at this time, but we will flag your interest and forward it to the necessary team. We will be sure to let you know when this becomes available. Many thanks.Any update here. This is not rocket science, should not take this long, unless Indian customers do not matter to sonos.
This is not rocket science, should not take this long, unless Indian customers do not matter to sonos.
Did you think they do to the extent needed? It is a simple business prioritisation decision by Sonos. Amazon has invested about USD 5 billion in India to date in building infrastructure and subsidising losses; having lost China, they can't afford to lose India as well. Sonos isn't doing anything like that proportionate to their size, and I can't say I blame them. With internet music services cheap in India now, and with a cheap Dot for a front end, there are so many equally good but cheaper options than Sonos, that even if Sonos were to invest to do the needful, they would still struggle for market share.
As just one example, wire a Dot to a JBL LSR 305 pair at a total cost of less than Rs 30,000. Get the same results from Amazon Music as what a Sonos 5 pair will deliver at a cost of Rs 80,000 plus.