Amazon Music in Australia

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Amazon Music started in Australia in February but you can't seem to be able to add it as a music service on Sonos. Any updates on this?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, The7hil. When a music service is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. This is a shared responsibility between our music partners and ourselves. We don't have a time-frame to disclose at this time but will notify our customers should this change. Stay tuned.
Please add Amazon Music to the services in Australia. Many thanks
Hi, The7hil. When a music service is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. This is a shared responsibility between our music partners and ourselves. We don't have a time-frame to disclose at this time but will notify our customers should this change. Stay tuned.

Dude... I call BS. I highly doubt you re-write the integration every time Amazon enables another region.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, mongie. Welcome to the community. I'll be quite candid in saying we don't have any benefit to be gained by not enabling music services in any given location. You are right. It doesn't take a ground-up approach - no. It does, however, take some work. We're as keen to introduce it as you are to have it available but as I say, we can't say exactly when this'll be, I'm afraid.
Amazon Music has been available here since Feb 1.

7 weeks and 4 days or 37 weekdays. That’s a long time if this was being actively implemented.
Amazon Music are now offering 3 months free. I'm just disappointed that I had to modify my Sonos account to a US address, just to install Amazon Music on my Sonos. Amazon are also pushing their Alexa speakers *hard* right now. Any time a service is deliberately region-locked, you're going to get people mucking up your customer database completely with fake data.
bump - still a long time. Amazon will be losing people to Spotify as they buy the new Sonos with Alexa .... or is that intentional? 🙂
Any update on this please? As an Amazon Music user in Australia my order for a new Beam is well and truly on hold until native support from the amazon app and AM is added to Sonus music services, Seems very odd when Sonos are pushing Alexa integration so much you cant even stream Amazon Music to your devices regardless of whether they are Alexa compatible or not from the apps.??
Userlevel 4
Good news, I can stream with airplay 2 to Sonos speakers from the Amazon Music app with my Amazon Australia account. Amazon Music on both Mac desktop & iPhone is working.

This leaves Sonos's own software as pretty much the only remaining audio product I have that flatly refuses to accept our existence. Sadly this still ruins several favoured playlists I'd built with my Amazon US account.
It might be a play to get people to buy an Echo or two; but people like me who have and love Sonos (and now also have a few echo dots about for voice coverage with my older Sonos) are still left out in the dark with Amazon Music. I've gone to Spotify as Alexa can control that ok. All this will really do is move the market in Australia to Spotify. If they don't fix it soon and word gets out, then Sonos with Alexa will be seen as a massive failure and people like me (who are stuck with it) will just remain with Spotify.
@Edward R, is this still being worked on? It’s been an extraordinary long time...
Why is the Australian Sonos population still being ignored with no service for Amazon Music. If not fixed soon will consider alternatives to Sonos for my home automation integration.
How do I hate different regions ... it should just work! But looks like no Amazon Music on Sonos for us Australians. You think there would be some communication at least ...
Edward R --- Any news? This is ridiculous...
There seems to be no change eighteen months after the Amazon music service was introduced.
Come on Sonos, how long does it take to do this (if there’s a will)?
I really think Sonos has no will to do this.

In Australia we seem to be the mushroom people... kept in the dark and fed sh....

Does changing to a USA address really allow access to Amazon Music on Sonos, what are the drawbacks.
Nothing like finding a feature request over a year old when trying to investigate a problem!

Any update Sonos? Has the past 15 months been enough time to do testing or has the ball been dropped?
Hi - What's happening with Amazon Music in Australia being added to the list of Sonos Music Services?
Hey Edward R from Sonos staff, you came into this thread a year and a half ago sounding off about the slight delay to getting integration to Amazon music for Sonos in Australia.

A year and a half isn't a slight delay dude.

In software its a lifetime.

Or, maybe, a death sentence.

Lets hear from some other Sonos staff on this LIKE RIGHT NOW.