Answered

Amazon Music HD on Beam and Play:1

• 23 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Today I started testing Amazon Music HD, and I see the HD tag when playing music on Beam, I know that Sonos announced that the Play:1 does not support HD, but I know that for example, they work with Dolby Atmos when connected to an Arc. Does the same thing happen when they are connected to Beam?  That is, if I group the Play:1 with the Beam, will the Play:1 play music in HD?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 March 2022, 17:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The Play:1 supports music in HD but not Ultra HD from Amazon Music. If you group the Play:1 with the Arc or Beam, you will still be able to play music in HD but not Ultra HD. But if you bond Play:1s as surround speakers to the Arc or Beam, you WILL be able to play music in both HD and Ultra HD.

Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3248?language=en_US

Userlevel 7

The Play:1 does support HD on Amazon Music. It does not support Ultra HD.

Let the music play for a minute or two and the HD badge should show.

And just for the record (as it were), Sonos has been able to play lossless 16-bit CD-quality files since the day Sonos was launched and every product is capable of doing so.

Badge

And just for the record (as it were), Sonos has been able to play lossless 16-bit CD-quality files since the day Sonos was launched and every product is capable of doing so.

I know that, i have tried FLAC from the PC, but I honestly prefer the convenience of music services since sometimes I take my speakers to parties at my friends house, I love when my friends discover Sonos and fall in love with it

I know that, i have tried FLAC from the PC, but I honestly prefer the convenience of music services since sometimes I take my speakers to parties at my friends house, I love when my friends discover Sonos and fall in love with it

I wouldn't disagree with any of that!