Answered

Amazon music canada

• 30 January 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi

Great that amazon music is now available, but why for everyone apart from Canada? It’s available here.

When can we use amazon music on Sonos.
icon

Best answer by Dale Warner 28 February 2018, 11:32

Hi there. It looks like the Alexa Function is now available in Canada. It was on this months Sonos update. Added the skill to my echo dot without any difficulty.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, mactavish. Thanks for posting. The team is diligently working on bringing the Sonos skill to Alexa in Canada early this year. Stay tuned and keep up with all controller software updates.
I too am waiting for the Alexa / Sonos integration. Hope this will be soon. Is there a difference from having the Sonos One vs having the Play 1 and Alexa dot together?
Userlevel 1
Just out of curiosity what is Sonos definition of early 2018 ? It seems ridiculous the number of countries that have Amazon Music on Sonos and Canada is still waiting.
Hi there. It looks like the Alexa Function is now available in Canada. It was on this months Sonos update. Added the skill to my echo dot without any difficulty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Correct, Dale! With our most recent update, this should allow for Alexa integration in Canda. Enjoy the music.
Userlevel 1
Why do I need to have Alexa to steam Amazon Music through my Sonos? Why not add the music service through add service? Or am I missing something? (Canada).
I just want to play the songs I bought through Amazon.com (not Amazon.ca) and that are on my iPhone on my Sonos. I was able to do this in 2015. Why can't I do that now? Or if I can, how do I do it?
I should add that I am in Canada--and was in 2015 too. I've just spent the last hour and half trying to figure how I can play purchased Amazon Music from my iPhone or music in my iTunes folder on Sonos. Why is is so difficult?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Paul Bullen. Welcome to the Community. Playing music from your iPhone does not hinge on where you purchased the content, but rather that the song is downloaded to your device. Did you import this music through iTunes? In regards to having Sonos read your iTunes folder, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and take a look at how Sonos is accessing the network.
Badge
I’m in Canada. I can’t see Amazon in the music services
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there Hey Jude, have you checked out this handy article about what to do when missing a music service on Sonos? Additionally, you may want to make check if you have an update on Sonos.

If the issues persist, please create a new topic and submit a diagnostic report. Be sure to include the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!