amazon music broken

• 4 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Amazon music gives error "not able to add songs to playlist" and will not play any music.  i submitted diagnostic 2065038925.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @ATL-Matt,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out to us for assistance.

I’ve looked over the diagnostic report that you have submitted and I have a few questions about your set up.

• It looks like you have a Netgear Orbi mesh system working along side your ISP provided router network, Is it possible to wire one of your Sonos speakers directly to your primary Orbi router?
  • If you are able to connect your speaker(s) via ethernnet cable, does the Amazon Music playback failure continue or does it now play?
  • You have two Amazon Music accounts linked to your Sonos system, does it matter which one you try playing
  • Can you remove and re-add Amazon music to your Sonos system?

If Amazon Music works while one speaker is wired by Ethernet but it does not work while your system is on WiFi, please make sure that the firmware on your Orbi is up to date. If it is, please include the model number of your Orbi routr in your response.    

Hey Jean, 

Thank you for these suggestions.  I was able to plug the Sonos directly to my Orbi and both speakers play Amazon without a problem when plugged in via ethernet cable.  Once disconnected, however, they do not play Amazon over wifi. 

I did try to remove and re-add Amazon but that didn’t make a difference.  My Wife’s Amazon account has the same problem. 

What should I do next? 

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @ATL-Matt,

Are you able to submit a diagnostic report to us while the Sonos is wired and after testing playback for a minimum of 5 minutes? 

Please include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look this over for the best long-term solution.

Yes, I was able to do as requested.   The confirmation number is 591702677. 

One of my units was plugged into the Orbi router and both units played Amazon music for over 5 minutes.

Thanks for you help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @ATL-Matt,

If it’s possible to keep one of your Sonos speakers wired in to your network, this will offer you the best performance. 

WiFi is great and all but a wired connection is going to offer superior speed and stability.   

Keep us posted if anything changes!