Amazon Music Australia

• 2 February 2018
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi guys,

When are you planning on supporting Amazon Music in Australia?

I can see it's not supported here:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3524/~/amazon-music-and-sonos

Thanks

43 replies

I know, its frustrating. Now that Amazon Music is launched in Australia Sonos is lagging behind in adding it to our services here.
+1 here !! They support Amazon Alexa and both Alexa and Amazon Unlimited are officially launched here in Australia now and still nothing!!!

Come on Sonos Support Us !!
I just purchased the play 1 today, It enables me to add the Amazon music and then when I go to play it Says only available in a certain countries. Really annoyed that it doesn't have Bluetooth atleast. I would just be happy with the amazon music but I'll take it back instead
Badge
Same here, cmon SONOS !!!
Wonder if I can use a VPN so it thinks I’m in the USA
Autumn 2018 for Alexa. Don’t know about Amazon Music.

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/632856/sonos-delay-aussie-alexa-support-one-smart-speaker/
This is a joke !!! Everything supported here in Australia except Sonos !!! Unacceptable Sonos support the people that buy and plug your products. Very unhappy how hard is this to implement ? Feedback would be great communication is the key !!!! Amazon Unlimited support for Australia!!
Badge
CMON Guys. Please let us know when AMAZON is available via SONOS, you do it in other countries so why not AUSTRALIA ???, i love your products and have 7 of them in my home for many years, even on the BETA program so cmon please..
Wow !! Some acknowledgement goes a long way Sonos. Show us you even look at these forums. 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We don't have anything to share right now regarding Amazon Music in Australia, but we've let our teams know about the interest. We're working to get Alexa up and running in Australia in the fall season there.
Badge +1
This guy has it Jeff- or so it says in the review? https://ausdroid.net/2018/04/02/sonos-one-why-two-ones-better-one-one/ -
Yup. Pretty poor that Sonos cannot even commit to a date to make it available given how much they pushing the Alexa stuff. How hard is it? You provide amazon music in one country; you've done it for all. Roll it out..

I got a free trial of amazon music when I got my echo. Gave amazon feedback telling them their service is of no use to me if I don't have it on my Sonos. Maybe they have some clout and can get Sonos to get onto it.

As a market, Australia has always been treated as a third-class citizen. Sonos are just doing what every other global vendor does. Take our money but ignore us. VPN providers are our only friends 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

I wanted to update this thread to let you know that Alexa support on Sonos is now live in Australia and New Zealand. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting things working.
Badge
Hi folks,

I wanted to update this thread to let you know that Alexa support on Sonos is now live in Australia and New Zealand. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting things working.

Alexa may be live but the Sonos app still won't let me add Amazon Music directly to Songs. Is that meant to be supported or coming to align with Alexa support?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

Alexa may be live but the Sonos app still won't let me add Amazon Music directly to Songs. Is that meant to be supported or coming to align with Alexa support?

Hi jamieharrison,

Amazon Music is not currently available in Australia on Sonos systems. You can use other music services with Alexa, such as Spotify. Scroll down on this guide to see the full list of music services available.
Yup. Pretty poor that Sonos cannot even commit to a date to make it available given how much they pushing the Alexa stuff. How hard is it? You provide amazon music in one country; you've done it for all. Roll it out..

Each country has differing music rights and distribution laws. Rolling out a service in one can be vastly different than rolling it out in another, especially with regards to how the local laws treat a multi-room platform. This is the single biggest holdup in being able to roll out a service in one country as opposed to another.
Hi folks,

Hi jamieharrison,

Amazon Music is not currently available in Australia on Sonos systems. You can use other music services with Alexa, such as Spotify. Scroll down on this guide to see the full list of music services available.

Jeff, The Sonos help page https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343/kw/amazon%20music/session/
States that "Amazon Music is available for streaming in Australia through Alexa on Sonos, but it is not available within the Sonos app." So in some degree it is available in Australia, just not in the App. What we want to know is when the App is finally updated.
Regards, Peter
Hi Sonos Staff,

Any updates on Amazon Music being added to the Streaming services as I am also patiently waiting for it to be added?

Cheers,
Simmzee
Badge
Cmon Sonos, make a push for Amazon music service in the Sonos app......please!
Wow, I waited a few months to ensure this would all be sorted before and figuring it would be all good now I have a new Sonos 1 with Alexa in my Sonos family of speaker - but can't use Amazon music in the sonos app yet?!! I was going to cutover form Apple music to Amazon - but looks like I may have to jump to Spotify if I want in-app support. I would have thought Amazon would be doing all they could here to help Sonos out as they are missing the new market that are landing and will be forced into Spotify (and may stay there).
Day one with the Sonos One. Getting ready to send this joke back. Can only playback using Spotify Premium - arrrgh!

Can't play back with the Amazon Music service they encourage you to trial out of the box. The worst part is if you use Alexa and she says "here's some music you might like from Amazon Music" - it will never play. Perfect product stupidity.

Might as well put these out with council junk clean up along with the bad 80s music radio stations I can play back through this door stop.

Decent audio quality ruined by poor app development and confused integration.
Come on Sonos, this is silly when can I play my Amazon Music via Sonos systems.I thought you wanted to be better than Bose?:(
Userlevel 4
The crunch is that since July 1 2018, Australians could no longer buy from Amazon.com. So we have all moved our accounts from the Amazon US store to Amazon Australia.

This included my Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, which has therefore gone from working perfectly on Sonos controllers, to not working at all.

Sonos & Amazon have had months to get this together and basically, folks, you missed the deadline.
Userlevel 4
I have written to Amazon complaining that they've failed to prep the ecosystem for the movement of Australian accounts, and I recommend everyone do the same.
Userlevel 1
Still not supported as of 16 July 2018. Happy prime day