Answered

Amazon Music and Sonos app tracks don't match

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi. I have been trying to get the tracks on my Amazon Music app and those that I can access via the Sonos app as I have too much 'clutter' on the Sonos version for example track duplicates.

I have tried removing my Amazon account from within the Sonos app and reauthorizing it but no difference.

For you to see what I mean I will post 2 screenshots one of the Amazon app (with just one track entry) and on the Sonos app with 6 track entries (one the Live! version which I never play!)

Any ideas anyone?

icon

Best answer by ratty 22 May 2022, 17:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

The second image shows tracks downloaded by the Amazon app to your mobile (which incidentally Sonos can’t play owing to DRM protection).

In the first image I’m unsure which function you used but the Amazon search engine often returns multiple entries to Sonos. Sonos has no control over this. In fact a track search in the Amazon app for ‘Madonna sorry’ also displays lots of tracks.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ratty - it's disappointing but I will just have to live with it.

I was hoping that there was a way to delete duplicate tracks from within the Sonos app itself.

By the way I didn't know that the reason why I can't play Amazon Music through my Sonos system was because of DRM.

Cheers anyway 👍 

Amazon must simply have multiple entries for the Madonna track you identified. It could be a database error or there may be multiple instances in the catalog, from different albums. 

In terms of DRM, as noted I was talking about the tracks downloaded by the Amazon native app onto your mobile. These are only playable by that Amazon app, for the obvious reason that if they were DRM-free they could be stolen. 

For play on Sonos the system clearly needs to authorise your account with Amazon in the usual way. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Amazon must simply have multiple entries for the Madonna track you identified. It could be a database error or there may be multiple instances in the catalog, from different albums. 

You are right as it has happened with numerous artists but Madonna is the worst affected!

I will just have to make my own playlist, I will google it as I have never attempted it yet!

Playlist on Sonos or on Amazon? Sonos Playlists are saved queue snapshots. As for Amazon, in my experience the easiest way to build playlists is to install their PC/Windows app and use that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ratty - on Sonos, I rarely play music on the Amazon Music app as the music can't be played through my Sonos speakers and the music just doesn't sound the same through my smartphone (tinny) speakers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sonos Playlists are saved queue snapshots.

I didn't realise that I already have a playlist as you say by saved queue snapshots.

Over the last few months I did select from either of the options 'Play Now' or 'Play Next' so that's how the playlist must have been compiled?

To save a Sonos Playlist you’d simply open (if necessary) the view of the queue and hit ‘Save’.

By the way the Amazon Music app on your phone can ‘cast’ to Sonos speakers (though I suspect they may need to have been discovered by Alexa first?). You’d hit the ‘cast’ icon on the ‘Now Playing’ screen of the Amazon app and the stream would be handed off to the chosen Sonos room. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I don't use Alexa after reading bad press about privacy issues but thanks anyway.

Userlevel 7

@ratty - on Sonos, I rarely play music on the Amazon Music app as the music can't be played through my Sonos speakers and the music just doesn't sound the same through my smartphone (tinny) speakers!

If you create playlists using the Amazon Music app, the playlists will also appear on the Sonos app under Browse > Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If you create playlists using the Amazon Music app, the playlists will also appear on the Sonos app under Browse > Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists 

Thanks for that info as I find it easier to compile my playlist using the Amazon Music app than the Sonos app which I find is too cluttered!

I shall be using the above method in future. Cheers 🍻