Answered

Alexa, Sonos One

• 5 January 2018
  • 1 reply

It's been a process but I can finally use voice control on Sonos One with Alexa to listen to Amazon Prime music. When I get a song going and decide I want to also listen to that same song in progress in another room, I am not having any luck using Alexa voice controls to add that room. Typically what happens is that Alexa will start up totally new & different music on the speaker I've requested to add. I'm missing something in my vocabulary, obviously. What exactly do I need to say in order to get music going on any or all of my speakers in addition to the Sonos One?

on a related note.....it seems like there's a lot to memorize in terms of knowing what can be asked of Alexa and then how specifically to ask it. At this point I know I'd like to listen to music, news, and possibly order things from Amazon, but aside from that what utility are you guys finding from Alexa that sets it apart from, say, Siri?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 5 January 2018, 09:59

At this moment in time, it is not possible to group Sonos players via voice control. You need to group them in the Sonos app and then ask Alexa to output to any speaker in that group. e.g. Group Kitchen, Lounge and Bedroom in the Sonos app and then ask 'Alexa, play soft jazz on Kitchen' and soft jazz will play on Kitchen, Lounge and Bedroom
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
At this moment in time, it is not possible to group Sonos players via voice control. You need to group them in the Sonos app and then ask Alexa to output to any speaker in that group. e.g. Group Kitchen, Lounge and Bedroom in the Sonos app and then ask 'Alexa, play soft jazz on Kitchen' and soft jazz will play on Kitchen, Lounge and Bedroom