Answered

Alexa says SiriusXM is unavailable in my region

I just purchased a Sonos One. Everything is great except it keeps telling my that SiriusXM is not available in my region. All my other skills are working just fine. Am I doing something wrong? I am in Canada, I thought this was meant to work.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 June 2018, 20:22

Sonos streams SiriusXM. Alexa is saying it is not available. That seems to be contrary to my subscription service.
Allow me to clarify. While Sonos will support SiriusXM playback in Canada, your Sonos One relies on the Amazon Alexa service to access the content. This means that in order for you to use Alexa to access Sirius XM, the service needs to be supported by Alexa.

From what I remember, the only services supported by Amazon Alexa in Canada is Amazon Music, Spotify, and TuneIn. For more information check out this part of the Amazon.ca website.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
What makes you think it will work? Amazon is very fussy about which services in which geographies are supported via Alexa. I don't see any references to Alexa in this area of the site: http://www.siriusxm.ca/listen-everywhere/at-home/stream-with-sonos/
Sonos streams SiriusXM. Alexa is saying it is not available. That seems to be contrary to my subscription service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Allow me to clarify. While Sonos will support SiriusXM playback in Canada, your Sonos One relies on the Amazon Alexa service to access the content. This means that in order for you to use Alexa to access Sirius XM, the service needs to be supported by Alexa.

From what I remember, the only services supported by Amazon Alexa in Canada is Amazon Music, Spotify, and TuneIn. For more information check out this part of the Amazon.ca website.
Thank you. I did also discover it deep in SiriusXM saying that Alexa works everywhere but the UK, Australia and Canada.

I have taken it back.