Answered

Alexa/Echo yet?

Userlevel 2
I can not seem to find if or when the integration with Amazon Alexa will happen. And I have been looking...
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 14 April 2017, 21:58

HI Bune, it hasn't happened yet. We're working with Alexa to being integration to Sonos this year, but we'll make sure everyone knows when it happens. Stay tuned! You can watch our Announcement section on the forum here, we'll be posting there when there's news.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

136 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
3 months to go. Christmas release do you think ? Could be a realy good boost for Sonos and amazon in the Christmas wish list. Dots are just the right price to buy as gifts for the Sonos user
Will need to be well before XMas. The all important shopping season begins before Thanksgiving these days. We will know for sure on October 4th.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Your right, the wife has just mentioned Christmas shopping !
The integration with Alexa/Echo is working now in beta and is available in the Alexa apps skills list. The only confusing thing I found so far is that the "Account Setup" for the Sonos controller has to be done via phone or tablet as it does not have the settings necessary to complete the setup in the PC based controller...and a list of available commands is hard to find? Instructions for setup are available on the Sonos site:8
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Well it's here. Setup was relatively painless and it seems to work fine.

Voice commnds are simple, but I would like it to default to the last device, is if I have said "play jazz in the living room" then stopped it, I would like the next play voice command to play on the same device without specifying "living room" but a minor thing, u less anyone knows how to make a particular dot default to a particular room.