Question

Alexa acting up

Badge +4
I have an Amazon Dot as a line-in source on one of my Play 5's. It had been working fine but just lately has started acting up. Alexa sounds very muted, extremely quiet, when answering a question. However, when I ask Alexa to play music, the music volume is just fine from the Play 5. Any ideas how to fix?

9 replies

If I recall correctly, there's different settings for music playback and voice responses in the Alexa app. Have you checked there? Or even tried unplugging the line between the two to see if it happens on the Dot's speaker as well?
I have the same issue with a dot and may PLAY 5, its only a recent thing and I believe its associated with software on the Echo.. As I have several and they have all started playing up with Playback and accepting commands.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have the same issue. My dot is using the line out connected to my play5. Until today alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine, but now I can hardly hear alexa speaking. The music playing is fine. I have set the second volume control to 10 on the sonos, but no joy. Any one got any ideas?

Thanks
Have you checked the line-in settings in the app? I'm wondering if the Line-In Source Level was changed when the app updated.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, Yes, The line source is set to 10., thanks
Well, there's no reason I can think of that attaching the Echo to a Sonos device would change the volume for voice only, but then again I'm not as familiar with the Echo as I am with the Sonos. Have you checked with Amazon?
I've double checked in the Alexa app, and I can see a volume control for Alarm, Timer and Notification, but not one for music. Perhaps you might see if that is turned up all the way? It's under settings > {Device name] > Sounds. It is the top slider, at least in the iOS version of the app.
edit: never mind
I am having this same issue using my dot and connect amp. I cannot get Alexas voice voice volume back up and I have not seen any resolution. Suggestions?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings