Albums sorted by artist first, then by album name

• 27 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I think it would be great to display the albums sorted first by artist, then by album name (e.g. the music app on iPhone does that).
I know I can see the albums by artists, but that requires an extra step of navigation, and also I get a lot of extra artists because of compilation albums that I don't care to see

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Alejnadro. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for consideration and visibility. Thanks again for the feedback and keep it coming!
Please add to this management of compilation albums..... my albums list is useless because it list a bunch of albums with just one song.. for “Best if’s” etc.
Also, list of albums and songs should ignore the first word “the”....
To be management of media is so bad that I usually scroll through my phone library to find an inspiration and them open Sonos to play it... but it’s annoying enough that I am heavily researching options to just let me play my library using the phone player..... ie I much prefer a Bluetooth interface and a decent media player...
Userlevel 2
Badge
The music library interface is very inadequate. We should be able to cross section our digital music collections in any way we choose. I just installed winamp again for the first time in a long time and the ability to be able to customize columns on multiple windows displayed at the same time and with a font that allows for viewing a good number of files at the same time brings my music library back to life. With the sonos interface, music is just lost on my hard drive.