Answered

Albums in Spotify artists full of useless compilations

• 26 February 2018
  • 18 replies

What happened to albums (in Spotify) in the latest Sonos update? When I browse an artist, I want to see that artist’s albums, and only that. Suddenly, it’s 80% absolutely useless compilations, some of them various artists, where my artist has maybe one song!

Please repair this ASAP. This can’t possibly be intentional, it must be a critical bug. Please tell me it’s a bug.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 March 2018, 17:37

We've just received the official all clear for this issue. Can you please check out your albums and artists and see how it looks now? You may need to make sure both Sonos and Spotify are up to date.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Badge +1
Same comment here - searching by arist used to be easy with album releases listed before numerous compilation listings . Now the search order is next to useless and very frustrating
Badge +4
I've noticed this (especially today as I'm snowed in !!) ..no problem with Amazon music though...
Badge +1
Anyone any solution? Spotify app itself functions as expected.. Updated to latest Sonos App but no change..
Sonos have had me running around like a monkey with this. They completely washed their hands with it insisting it was a Spotify issue and not them. So I contacted Spotify and they were none the wiser but suggested I delinked the Spotify account from Sonos and uninstalled Sonos and reinstall , relink. Did all that over 20 minutes - no change.

It's clearly an error between the two servers and i suspect an issue on Sonos' side as it didn't happen til they updated their app. Little disappointed with Sonos' handling of this.

It's now been like this for over a week.
Found to have the same. Spotify all correct so it has to be a Sonos problem. Invested a lot of money in the Sonos and Spotify set up, so would like a speedy resolution to this.
Yes, please have this fixed. It's already driving me nuts, making my Sonos nearly useless for browsing music...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Found to have the same. Spotify all correct so it has to be a Sonos problem. Invested a lot of money in the Sonos and Spotify set up, so would like a speedy resolution to this.
No, not necessarily. I believe that Spotify controls the contents and ordering of the results in response to a Search request from a Sonos system (https://musicpartners.sonos.com/node/86).
Well somebody has done something. Spotify search is okay, Sonos is not! I'm paying good money for all this so somebody really needs to sort this out. Somebody also said they had a problem with Amazon, so to me looks like a Sonos glitch. To be honest I don't care who it is at fault as long as it is rectified
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Somebody also said they had a problem with Amazon, so to me looks like a Sonos glitch. To be honest I don't care who it is at fault as long as it is rectified
No, someone above said there was no similar problem with Amazon Music, which I can confirm.
I thought I seen it on another post, as there is a couple of threads going on this one. I could be wrong, but all the same there is a problem so it needs to be addressed.
Yes. This is the worst! Please fix.
I've found this frustrating, too. Not the end of the World but not a great user experience, either.

I love browsing through an artist's back-catalogue but this makes it nigh-on impossible if they have decades of work.
worst bug ever. fix it please, it is really useless the sonos app right now if you are an spotify user (and the desktop aplication too)
This issues definitely started with the latest Sonos controller update (version 8.4, build 41350131) as I have noticed this creep in as I update my devices. Spotify itself doesnt have this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, thanks for the reports. We've been working with Spotify on this to get it resolved. We've got all the details we need, so don't worry about sending in diagnostics. We'll let you know here when it's been resolved. Our apologies for the trouble.
Fantastic. Thanks for letting us know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We've just received the official all clear for this issue. Can you please check out your albums and artists and see how it looks now? You may need to make sure both Sonos and Spotify are up to date.
Badge +1
Hi - all seemed to have been sorted and working as it should be sometime over the last weekend. Thanks..