Answered

airplay on sonos speaker

• 24 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m at a rented villa for a month that has two Sonos speakers. I can play their music but want to play mine and understand that I will need to use airplay. My question should all Sonos speakers be discoverable on  a given wifi network?  I’ve tried I think all the troubleshooting tips I’ve seen in this forum but have still had no luck. Anyone have any tips/tricks?.  Thx. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 February 2022, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m at a rented villa for a month that has two Sonos speakers. I can play their music but want to play mine and understand that I will need to use airplay. My question should all Sonos speakers be discoverable on  a given wifi network?  I’ve tried I think all the troubleshooting tips I’ve seen in this forum but have still had no luck. Anyone have any tips/tricks?.  Thx. 

Not all Sonos devices ever sold are Airplay compatible.  See this link for a list:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

Thx. I figured that was the case but wasn’t sure. Will check the link when I get back.