Answered

AirPlay 2 groupings

I have a play:5 in one room, 2x play:1, playbar and sub in another, and 2x play:1 in a third room. As of now, only the play:5 grouping is available. Is it possible to have multiple virtual appearances so all of the groups can connect through a single play:5?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 July 2018, 22:20

Hi Fred, that's not something that's possible now, I can't speak to the future, but I'll pass along the suggestion for you. The AirPlay 2 software will only show you the Sonos devices that are AirPlay 2 compatible, so for now, it'd just be that Play:5 that you have, and AirPlay 2 on your phone doesn't even know what you do or don't have grouped to the Play:5 within Sonos.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Fred, that's not something that's possible now, I can't speak to the future, but I'll pass along the suggestion for you. The AirPlay 2 software will only show you the Sonos devices that are AirPlay 2 compatible, so for now, it'd just be that Play:5 that you have, and AirPlay 2 on your phone doesn't even know what you do or don't have grouped to the Play:5 within Sonos.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings