Answered

After 12.2 update, Sonos Radio icon has come back and can't be removed

• 12 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I had removed the service previously but after the 12.2 update I cannot remove it.

In the iOS app, no way to remove my account, only an option to reauthorize it.  

The desktop app allows one to remove services, including Sonos Radio, but as soon as I remove Sonos Radio, I get prompted asking if I am sure I want to remove it, it OK, and its removed for 1 second, and then comes right back.

I don’t want Sonos Radio (never wanted it TBH) but it came in an update with no way to remove unless you enabled it first, and now it seems you can no longer remove it either!  I already sub to a commercial free music service, I have no need for 2nd.  The extra icon is annoying and confusing to users.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 March 2021, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Correct, with v12.2 you can no longer remove Sonos Radio; the reason probably being the introduction of Sonos Radio HD.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is this official?  Can someone from Sonos confirm this.  When Sonos Radio was first introduced, despite it being forced upon users, it was sold that it was removable (they also made TuneIn removable at that time as well-which still is thankfully).  Sonos even had instructions on how to remove it in a support article, but it seems to be removed form the article, meaning that is no longer removable.

Why make this change?  Can we get the removal option back?  Its wasting space showing the icon in the app and more importantly its placing Sonos Radio results first in the list of search results when searching via universal search, but thankfully its only when searching for stations.

I’d like the option to remove Sonos radio back as well.   I get advertisement every time I open the app to try Sonos radio hd subscription. It even gets in the way, and so many times I have tapped on it by accident , and opened the trial screen.   I don’t want it.  Paid enough for speakers and have Amazon music already.   Thanks.  
I have already all contact options turned off in my profile, and in app settings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As the OP it is disappointing there was never an official response.  I bought speakers, not a radio service, and have no need of the service.  Would like to remove it from my list of services options as it was originally able to be removed.  Why Sonos intentionally removed the removal option, I don’t know, but it frustrates me as a customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @buddyrich33 

Thanks for your post - we’re always glad to hear what our customers think of our products, software and features. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant team for evaluation. 

@vauric 

To remove the ad for Sonos Radio HD, please follow these instructions:

• Go to sonos.com/login
  • Click Edit Profile
  • Scroll down to Contact Options
  • Uncheck Sonos App
  • Click Save Changes

Hi Corry P,

Thanks.   But I had that tick already off in my profile. (mentioned in my previous post) That’s what I don’t understand.  The Sonos radio hd ad still pops up in the app.

Thanks though for trying to help.

Regards

vauric

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Its not the Ad I want removed but the service itself from my list of services.  It cluters up my search results.

Yer, once the service has been added, it seems there’s no way to remove it, which is mad. They really need to sort this out.

I agree that it’s very annoying that you can’t remove the Sonos Radio service from the list. No other service is forced on you. 

I don’t want it. Didn’t ask for it. And will never use it.