Answered

Adding spotify tracks to custom playlist

• 20 November 2019
  • 5 replies

What syntax does Sonos use to store track names so I can add them along with local tracks to a custom playlist to be imported into the Sonos music library?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 November 2019, 17:00

What syntax does Sonos use to store track names so I can add them along with local tracks to a custom playlist to be imported into the Sonos music library?

You cannot.  What you can do is load the Imported Playlist to the queue, edit your Spotify tracks into the queue, then save the queue as a Sonos Playlist.  

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'm not completely sure what you are aiming for here, but creating a playlist that contains tracks from multiple sources can be done without manual editing.

If you have your music library and Spotify account linked to Sonos, you can use the normal UI to add tracks from both to the queue and then save the queue as a Sonos playlist.

I doubt that it will be possible to use the lookups that Sonos uses in the Spotify integration to request tracks outside of that context. As far as I understand this also involves some sort of handshake or authentication of the Spotify account data.

I am puzzled also by the reference to ‘importing into the Sonos Music Library’.  The Sonos Music Library is not the place for anything other than locally stored tracks.

The Sonos local library will also import playlists saved as a file, for instance in m3u format. These playlists are nothing more than a list of URIs formatted a certain way. I'm guessing the OP was looking to edit such a file to include both local and streaming resources, to subsequently import them as a playlist into Sonos, effectively achieving the same result a Sonos playlist does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The easy way to find it is to make a Favorite (or My Sonos) for a track, then use the UPnP API to dump the Favorites into xml.

You cannot.  What you can do is load the Imported Playlist to the queue, edit your Spotify tracks into the queue, then save the queue as a Sonos Playlist.