Adding radio stations to Sonos Radio

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

How do broadcasters get their radio stations added to Sonos Radio?  

Initially Sonos Radio seemed to just have all stations which were registered in TuneIn but now they seem to have removed some of the stations (including mine!)

Cheers

Alex

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Alex_62.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

This article will guide you on manually adding an internet radio station to Sonos.

Sonos supports MP3, AAC, and WMA audio formats for streaming Internet radio stations, just make sure you have the streaming URL handy. 

Radio by TuneIn must be added to your Sonos system in order to manually add a radio station URL.

Let me know how it goes.

Badge +1

Sorry, I have only just seen your reply.  Apologies if my question was not clear.  It was:

• How do broadcasters (i.e. radio stations themselves) get their radio stations added to Sonos Radio (i.e. so the radio station is available on Sonos Radio)?  

[Not how does a home user add a station to their home Sonos system which is the reply you’ve given.]

Thanks

Alex 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Alex_62, thanks for clarifying that.

In this case I’d recommend that you check our Music Partners page in order to get in touch.

The site is currently down for maintenance, however if it’s not back online by the time you see this, then there’s an email address that you can use to contact the team :)