Answered

Adding ne tracks to an existing playlist

• 29 February 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve created 5 playlists and they all appear on my Sonos playlists. But when I try to add a new track to one of these 5 playlists, only the first 2 playlists I created appear in the options window to add my new track to. How can I make all 5 of them show?

icon

Best answer by John B 1 March 2020, 00:51

I would first try refreshing your system by powering off all Sonos and router. Power the router back on and wait for it to come back fully.  Then power the speakers back on.

Please post back whether this helps or not.

View original

5 replies

I would first try refreshing your system by powering off all Sonos and router. Power the router back on and wait for it to come back fully.  Then power the speakers back on.

Please post back whether this helps or not.

Thanks John. Tried what you’ve suggested but it didn’t make any difference, unfortunately. Before I tried it, I opened my Sonos app and now only my 2 original playlists display on ‘My Sonos’. I can only find the last 3 I created when I go into playlists on ‘search’. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Are all 5 playlists Sonos playlists, created in exactly the same way, or are some of them music service playlists?

Hi John. This is a very embarrassing reply. You’re right. The 3 playlists I couldn’t add tracks to on Sonos were created on Prime Music which is where I had to go back to in order to edit. I feel so stupid - hence the delayed response. Thank you so much for directing me to the obvious. I’m still hanging my head in shame. As soon as I’m upright again, I’ll probably be back with another dumb query. Thanks again.

There’s no such thing as a dumb question. It’s just needing to understand the complexities of the way it all works. No need to hang your head, we’ve all gone through the process. And we all continue to learn.