Answered

Added YouTube Music to the app and it says "No Selections Available". Why? My YT account is fine and verified twice now.

So I have installed Sonos app twice now.  Setting up my new Move took over an hour because the app refused to believe my router was actually functioning (another story, but relevant as the app gives misleading info a lot). 

Anyway, then I go onto adding services and all goes well until my paid YouTube Music account is added.  I added it twice (using the whole code paste in and authorizing my Google account) and it went through each time.  YouTube was successfully added.  But whenever I go into YouTube Music from Sonos, it say “No Selections are Available”.  Like why???????  I go onto Youtube and verify I have hundreds of playlists.  All my other services work. 

And before someone answers from a Customer Service script and tells me to reinstall everything and reboot my router...no.  Just no.  I want actual advice about why Sonos is not reaching youTube.  Is there a setting in YouTube or is the app just that flawed where I can look forward to playing YouTube via Bluetooth only?  This is why I got Move, btw.  I was counting on having to use BlueTooth for half the things the app wouldn’t be able to handle based on previous Sonos experiences.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 11 March 2022, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Anyone who has a YT brand account → move it to your personal Google account. Following this, you should be able to authorise Youtube Music on Sonos.

I have YouTube premium and cannot browse YouTube music on my s1 or s2 systems. Spotify and Apple Music work fine. Irritating. 

Anyone who has a YT brand account → move it to your personal Google account. Following this, you should be able to authorise Youtube Music on Sonos.

This solved my case, thank you!

this is how I solved it

In youtube premium I have two accounts under the same email, one for videos (my_account) and one for youtube music (my_account_music)
In Sonos I added my_account_music and it showed me the screen that there is no music to add or nothing to select.

In Sonos, I removed my_account_music and added my_account instead and voila! now it works!

Apparently, the additional accounts one creates on youtube music are considered brand accounts and cannot be added to Sonos. On the other hand, the original account can be added, because it is considered a personal account. 

I hope in the near future other youtube music accounts can be added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Best thing is to submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread or even better contact Sonos support, as they have more tools available to them.

If you continue to want help from the forum, then can you supply more information around:

• What type of device are you using to control Sonos?
  • Have you booted your router recently?
  • Can you try adding a free Spotify account to test?

Remember, this is a user forum where members try to hep others:

‘And before someone answers from a Customer Service script and tells me to reinstall everything and reboot my router...no.  Just no. ‘

We don’t have scripts but we do stay polite and will do our best to help. :smiley:

It has to do with Google’s implementation within Sonos of YouTube Music. Sonos can’t ‘fix’ it, it needs to be done by Google. 

On IPad : 
Activate Airplay in YouTube Music then select Sonos speakers. Your YouTube Music app will be connected to your Sonos system as you play your music. Works perfectly well. No need to manage libraries etc.

Please note that I have a free YouTube Music account.
Hope this helps.

I have also been trying to connect with no luck on either mobile (Samsung) or desktop (Windows 11)  Sonos apps. I’ve removed and added accounts and none are brand accounts. Nothing works. :(

Just found out free account does not support access to youtube music, can access only music uploaded to your youtube music account, you would need a premium account

What did Sonos say when you called their support folks?

Badge

This is insane. I have the same problems with my Premium YT account. I have tried everything, I’m wasting tons of time on this and other SONOS problems. It seems like they are not putting their best and brightest on the multitude of problems that come from using the borked, fubar Sonos app with excellent SONOS speakers.

All of my music history and playlists are under my brand account...this is so ridiculous. Support told me to buy an iPhone if I want it to work. SOL if you’re on Android! Thanks Sonos...

That would be odd. The device running the controller is merely a remote control that contacts the actual system running on the Sonos device. It should make zero difference. 

But since you mention a “brand account”, please note the post made by @controlav above, and the link that was provided. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Its not a “brand account” is it? They are not supported. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3259?language=en_US

I have the same problem since Sonos launched compatibility with YTmusic (i didnt have the issue with google music). I have opened a ticket and it was worthless. The problem is YTmusic in Sonos. Period. Ytmusic by itself works fine, and I do not have issues with other services on Sonos. I believe it has to do with regions in Sonos. Hopefully this will be aknowledge by Sonos and will be fixed. 

I did see an issue earlier with ‘accounts.google.com’ (which was a bit intermittent connecting in my case) and had to reauthorise my account via Sonos, but seems to be working okay here now.🤞

I have the same problem. I have an iPhone 13…. No selection are available to YouTube music… I try to reauthorize, uninstall, install but without any result…. Please heeeeeelp 😎🤔

I have the same problem, using an android phone. Spoke to the chat support, took 30 minutes for them to tell me to remove YT Music and re-link it. Although I had done that numerous times already, I did it again anyway - made no difference!

They just asked me to call them during the week as there is no ‘callback’ support. 

Funny enough they asked for feedback at the end of the chat, which I filled out honestly that I was dissatisfied and my issue is not resolved. When I submitted the feedback, it went to an error page!  Must be a default if you don’t give positive feedback😂

I only have a free YouTube Music account, but just removed it from Sonos and added it back again and it’s all working here, no issue seen and plays fine via the Sonos App. I attached some screenshots.

So maybe it’s an account authentication issue?

I have YouTube premium and cannot browse YouTube music on my s1 or s2 systems. Spotify and Apple Music work fine. Irritating. 

Maybe try reauthorising the service in the Sonos App ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ and see if that fixes the issue for you.