Add On Demand to the Sirius app

• 26 September 2012
  • 52 replies

Hi, the Sirius ios app now has on demand, please add for sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

52 replies

Badge +1
SAME
Please add this... if I was able to use my Sonos just like regular bluetooth speakers I use with my iphone (Tivoli) it wouldnt be an issue but I can't, I have to use the Sonos App and Sirius through the App.
I REALLY want to listen to the shows I downloaded through the App. Please ADD THIS FEATURE
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
A few months ago I did get a targeted survey from Sonos, all about SXM. Sounds like they are/were at least considering it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We do know Sonos is working on prerecorded hls streams for BBC/Tunein. We also know SXM uses HLS type as well. We don't know though if the work in BBC steams will have bearing on SXM streams though.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Why did you buy a quality speaker system to listen to appalingly low quality radio that the speakers you bought do not support?
Badge
New to Sonos and have just bought a couple of Play 1s. Didn't realize that so many features would be missing from apps through Sonos. Please add on demand and My Sirius XM feature. Totally ruins the experience not having these features available.
Userlevel 2
I agree it's been long enough waiting on this functionality. I just removed Sonos play 5 from home office and went back to 2.1 setup because of all the missing features in the Sonos app. This could be a problem with Sirius XM not sharing the their API to control their service. At least tell us!
Badge
Please add SiriusXM onDemand. Sonos...At the very least respond to this thread with "we're working on it" or "no plans to add it".
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
+++1

This functionality would be a great addition
+1 this would be a great addition
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
SiriusXM would need to allow it. Have you sent anything to them requesting.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
+1 need the on demand and my xm.
+1
Not sure if this is a request we need to make here or with siriusxm
Please add On-Demand for SiriusXM
Can't believe there is only a handful of folks that want SiriusXM On-Demand shows available in the SONOS app. Please ADD the functionality to your SONOS app for the iPhone. Thank you.
Just got a Sonos. Kind of sad to see that on demand is not offered.  It'd be nice to see a response from Sonos Corporate on what the hold up is.  

Given the state of SiriusXM's current players and smartphone apps, maybe Sonos doesn't want to touch that hot mess.
Any updates to this?
still not supported
Userlevel 2
Any updates to this?
Add me to this chorus.  Just got Sonos, but the lack of on-demand support is surprising and disappointing.
Userlevel 2
Yes. The lack of ability to port non-sonos affiliated internet content around the system is the main reason I haven't wired my house. Too bad. You have handicapped an otherwise spectacular product.

If you have a Play:5, you can plug your iPhone directly into its auxiliary input and run the Sirius app for on-demand content. Select Line-in on the Play:5 to listen. Can be grouped with other Sonos players. Not as convenient as having the on-demand feature built into Sonos. I requested this 3 years ago. I don't understand why Sonos doesn't comment either to say it's a licensing issue or technical issue. I don't believe either the Play:3 or Play:1 have aux inputs.
Yes. The lack of ability to port non-sonos affiliated internet content around the system is the main reason I haven't wired my house. Too bad. You have handicapped an otherwise spectacular product.

Hey Folks,
Saw this post going way back, thought I would give one option I've done for people as well as myself to use the on demand content through your sonos. You need to have a sonos unit with an aux input (like the connect amp) and an IOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc) I use an older apple airport express (the wireless N model, stay away from the earlier G models.) which you can get used on ebay for around $25. Power up the airport, join your wifi network with it, and get a Y cable that goes from the 1/8" audio out of the express and into the stereo rca aux input on your sonos. Fire up the sirius app on your IOS device, get the content you want playing, then use the airplay icon in the sirius app to send the audio to the airport express. Now use you sonos app and switch to the aux input. Your off and running!

The only way I use my Sirius app is accessing the on demand interface. Such a shame I have this beautiful Sonos speaker system but I listen to my Sirius downloads through my iPhone in a cup. For talk radio like Stern or Ron and Fez on demand listening is a must why can't I play this material through my audio system aka my Sonos! Please address this they go hand in hand!
Even just an update on where the issue stands would be progress... This is ridiculous.
+1 with most busy lifestyles people have to rely on "on-demand" to hear our favorite shows. Please make it happen!
Even just an update on where the issue stands would be progress... This is ridiculous.
Why haven't you folks at Sonos fixed this already?  The on-demand feature is the most important aspect of SiriusXM and Sonos is sitting on its hands.  Very disappointed.