Question

Add music service problem, won't accept email and pw because + in email?

• 14 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Can't add Soundcloud service possibly because of  +  [plus]  in my email address? I've used this addy w/ soundcloud for years and received email from them at that address, but some services (Sonos or a service it uses?) will not accept an address with the [plus]  in the username prior to the @. Using a [plus]   is per standards, but not all systems allow it.  Could this be the problem why it won't accept my email and password when trying to add this music service?  

ref usage: https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~watrous/plus-signs-in-email-addresses.html

2 replies

Ok, I had tried to add service using my Android phone (new phone w/ Android 10) and that didn’t work, hence my above question.

BUT

I have now installed the Windows Sonos Desktop Controller, and it does let me add the service.

So, FYI, the problem has s/t to do with the add music service email and pw process using Android.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hey @yetanotherun  thanks for the callout and welcome to the Sonos Community.

Although I am not aware of any issues with the plus symbol causing problems when adding music services, It is good to hear that you are able to add Soundcloud on the desktop controller.

I would be happy to pass this feedback regarding the mobile controller along to our Sonos Team. If you notice anything else, or have any additional questions, please let me know and I’ll take a look.