Answered

Add Music Service Before Connecting to Product

Hello, 

Is it possible to add a music service before connecting to a Sonos product?

I am trying to test the connection to Apple Music before connecting to a product owned by a venue that will be playing my music over a Sonos product. Which means that I am unable to connect to the product now. 

Right now, ‘Add Services & Voice’ is greyed out in the iOS Sonos app. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 June 2021, 22:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No. The controller is merely a remote control, which reaches out to the software that runs on each speaker. Without the connection to that software, you won’t be able to add any services. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Here’s an example solution. I have my own S2 system. When I visit my parents or my brother they each have their own Sonos systems. Because I am on their wifi I can link in to their Sonos system and play from my phone. However, I am NOT able to access any of my services, I am only able to access their music and services. A caveat to this is that I can add a music service to their system using my credentials and then delete it when I leave. That works with S1 and S2 both. I do this all the time with them without penalty. You have to be on their wifi and can’t pre set it up. For what it’s worth.