Answered

Add Live Phish as a Music Service on Sonos - livephish.com

Userlevel 7
Badge
We've received a request to add Live Phish (livephish.com) as a music service on Sonos.

From their website: "LivePhish.com offers high quality soundboard recordings of all Phish shows since 2003 (MP3, Lossless, and 24 Bit HD downloads, and on CD) and webcasts of select shows."

If you'd like to see this added to Sonos as a music service, please add your support here.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 October 2016, 00:10

Great news everyone, Live Phish has just entered Sonos Labs and is available for beta testing. You can add it to your system by going to Add a Music Service, then Sonos Labs and choose LivePhish+.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

251 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great news everyone, Live Phish has just entered Sonos Labs and is available for beta testing. You can add it to your system by going to Add a Music Service, then Sonos Labs and choose LivePhish+.
Please allow us to play music from our stash in the Live Phish app. Thanks!

Put down the pipe and read the thread! Specifically the post right above yours which says it's already here!

Now all you need to do is actually own Sonos. 😉

Put down the pipe and read the thread! Specifically the post right above yours which says it's already here!

Now all you need to do is actually own Sonos. ;)
Thanks! I wish I had a pipe to pick up! Actually, I am trying to stream the live Phish show on the Sonos app and watch it on the TV at the same time. Seems like I have to actually wire the speakers to the TV and play the show on Apple TV. I wish there was a way the Sonos Live Phish app not only played the music on the Sonos players, but also allowed me to watch the show on my Apple TV at the same time. Seems odd to not be able to watch a show on Apple TV and listen to it on Sonos players at the same time, without a wire from my TV going to the Sonos players. I thought the whole point of Sonos Play:5 was to be wireless. Pick up the pipe, chill out, be more compassionate and troll someone else. Thanks!
The Playbar is needed if you wish to synch Sonos with video. As to compassion, please look at the thread and see how many times we patiently tried to explain how Sonos could not add Phish unilaterally, that it is the Phish site that has to do it. Only to be bombarded with 100s more drive by posts that ignore our recommendations. You will see how one's compassion could wear thin.
Thanks so much for adding this! Listening to last night's show and it sounds great!!
OMG. Yes please
Well it's great that it's been added but every time I try to connect to my LivePhish account it tells me my account has expired but I'm able to use my account outside of Sonos without an issue.
I wish this wasn't limited to the LivePhish+ accounts. I have a ton of music accessible through the non subscription version of LivePhish, but can't access it because I don't pay a monthly. Please add the non + API version of LivePhish too!!!!
That must be why I'm getting an error as well. I have access to a ton of shows through my Free LivePhish account but don't have a LivePhish+ account. It would be great if we could have access to that account as well.
Badge +1
Bummer only LivePhish+ works. Would think more than half the people wanting this was for the non subscription app.
I wish this wasn't limited to the LivePhish+ accounts. I have a ton of music accessible through the non subscription version of LivePhish, but can't access it because I don't pay a monthly. Please add the non + API version of LivePhish too!!!!

I have no idea who Phish is (probably don't want to know), but in order to provide free access to their stuff, I imagine you have to put up with advertising in your browser. They do have bills to pay, after all. As there's no way for them to advertise inside the Sonos UI, the only way they can get revenue is for you to pay for a subscription.

Pretty basic economics. Nothing is free.
Since you have no idea who Phish is or their business model, I think this is one of those situations where you silently keep your opinion to yourself. To me, that seems pretty basic.
Since you have no idea who Phish is or their business model, I think this is one of those situations where you silently keep your opinion to yourself.

To me, that seems pretty basic.
Since you have no idea who Phish is or their business model, I think this is one of those situations where you silently keep your opinion to yourself. To me, that seems pretty basic.

Lol. Idiot.
No, seriously. You actually have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not kidding around here. Just wanted to be sure we're all on the same page, and we can all agree you're spouting off on a topic you know nothing about. Glad we cleared that up and there's no confusion. Now you can go back to trolling other people's threads.
Badge +1
No, seriously. You actually have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not kidding around here. Just wanted to be sure we're all on the same page, and we can all agree you're spouting off on a topic you know nothing about. Glad we cleared that up and there's no confusion. Now you can go back to trolling other people's threads.

Settle down guys,

You actually accumulate live shows downloads when you purchase a ticket to their show. This is directed to the non paid version of the app. So lots of us have past shows we can listen to on the non paid app.

Which is why we want the non paid version.
This question comes up from time to time, and I'm not exactly sure why, but again I'll confirm that Sonos doesn't get any kickbacks, percentages, or any sort of monetary incentives from our music service partners when it comes to using or adding them to Sonos.

We're always happy to partner with new music services and explore making them available on Sonos. We have a free API available to use for anyone, and a team dedicated to support them even, again, for free. Some features aren't available or aren't exactly the same because they aren't part of our API, but we're constantly trying to improve that as well.

Also, music services determine what account types they will make available on Sonos. This is usually based on a lot of factors that they consider.

As stated in the quote from a Sonos rep above, the ability to access via a paid vs. non-paid subscription is determined by the music service. Sonos has no input in the decision, and receives no compensation or kickbacks from services that do require a subscription. Indeed there are many free services available on Sonos such as Pandora and Slacker. I suggest you approach Live Phish with your complaints, as they are the only ones who can change the situation.
Hmmm, looked them up. Grateful Dead wannabes. Explains a LOT, lol.
Hmmm, looked them up. Grateful Dead wannabes. Explains a LOT, lol.

It does indeed. 🙂
Yes, please!!! I pay $100/year for unlimited access to Live Phish and I can't listen to it in my home on my Sonos speakers. Frustrating!
If you're paying for LivePhish +, then you should be able to add it to your Sonos. It's listed as a beta currently. It's the non+ that isn't available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Business models aside... it's up to LivePhish to make available what they want to make available through Sonos. If they only want to make their Plus subscription available, then that's what you need. If you're not happy about it, you should be talking to them about it, not Sonos. It's LivePhish's content, not Sonos'. Sonos has no way to make them make their free service available as well.

The fact that something is now available where nothing was before is at least a step though.
This is rad.