Answered

Add a Radio Station to myTuner.

• 21 September 2020
  • 6 replies

How can I add a Radio Station to myTuner, which is not on the myTuner default list?

The Sonos default addition of radios stations uses TuneIn, but TuneIn no longer plays overseas channels for me in the UK. I therefore need to use myTuner and a station I wish to listen to is not available in the default myTuner stations, although I have requested that it be added.

Using an iOS app it is possible to add the station to myTuner but it doesn’t appear to be easy, or possible, using Sonos.

icon

Best answer by MartinF 29 September 2020, 18:55

SOLVED

Krishma, I’m very pleased to say that I have managed to add the streaming URL to my Sonos. So problem solved; for the moment at least.

Thank you for your time.

Regards, Martin

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MartinF, welcome to the Sonos Community, and thanks for reaching out here with us. Let me share this thread about TuneIn and help you with your options. 

You should still be able to manually add an Internet radio station to Sonos or if you can add it manually to your myTuner outside the Sonos app, it should be synced to your myTuner account in the Sonos app. 

Let us know if this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Krishma

Thank you for the response. I have looked at the two methods you suggest and these don’t work.

Firstly adding an Internet radio station to Sonos defaults to adding it in TuneIn. But this is my problem because TuneIn no longer plays in the UK unless it is a domestic channel. In the UK TuneIn blocks overseas channels, rather like we have been censored, but I understand it’s a legal issue. Alternatively, I don’t see how I can force the Sonos adding a radio station to use myTuner Radio rather than TuneIn.

Then on the second suggestion of linking to my own myTuner Radio account, I can’t see how to link Sonos to my own myTuner Radio account. I have tried deleting and reinstating myTuner Radio in Sonos and that still doesn’t enable me to link to my own myTuner Radio account.

This issue was also highlighted as below. Has it been enabled yet and if so how? It needs to be like Spotify which links Sonos to a User Account in Spotify.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/my-tuner-radio-does-t-le-me-login-to-my-account-6820499

Many Thanks, Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MartinF, thanks for your reply. I understand the situation and if the internet radio is working outside Sonos, you should be able to manually add an Internet radio station to Sonos and you can try it on your computer. Also, here’s more about myTuner Radio and Sonos.

Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi Krishma

Thank you for the further response, but as I have explained, I can’t see that this works. Manually adding a radio station to Sonos defaults to TuneIn, which blocks overseas channels in the UK. I can’t see either how to link my own myTuner Radio account to Sonos because this facility to link my account is not visible.

Sonos should make both these options available for myTuner Radio because, as I note, TuneIn will not play overseas channels in the UK. For me, this has devalued considerably my extensive Sonos system.

Regards, Martin

SOLVED

Krishma, I’m very pleased to say that I have managed to add the streaming URL to my Sonos. So problem solved; for the moment at least.

Thank you for your time.

Regards, Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MartinF, thanks for keeping us posted here and I’m glad that it worked. You can continue adding stations manually as long as you have the streaming link working outside Sonos. 

Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.