Accessing BBC Radio programmes on catchup

• 20 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 8 replies

A programme broadcast on Radio 6 this morning for example would be accessible a matter of hours later vis Radioplayer or MyTuner. I have attempted this today but no BBC programmes from today appear to  be available. This is the case if I look further back on programmes which would otherwise have been  available. Has something altered with the licencing does anyone know ? I know the issues with Tunein but thought the other services had escaped for the moment. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

As a last resort (as a result of the TuneIn BBC program issues) I’ve been running BBC shows through BBC Sounds, a 3.5mm cable and the Line In option on a Connect with my Android phone. It’s a pain, but does work. 

A Bluetooth receiver plugged into the Connect line-in might improve the convenience. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Get a raspberry pi and you can free your phone from the cable + full BBC sounds on your sonos. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As a last resort (as a result of the TuneIn BBC program issues) I’ve been running BBC shows through BBC Sounds, a 3.5mm cable and the Line In option on a Connect with my Android phone. It’s a pain, but does work. 

I don't know if anything has changed.  I'm not sure what you mean by a Sonos 1 and 2, but to have any chance of playing BBC Sounds you would need a Move, a Roam, a Sonos HT speaker or an iOS device. So I don't think that helps you.

Badge +1

Hiya John I have got Sonos 1 and 2 and an Android phone. It may be that the programmes in question will appear at some point but the options are odd. I wondered if anything had altered recently. Thanks for your input.

Hi. If you use the universal search under Podcasts and Shows you will find a selection of on demand radio. But it has always seemed to me to be a limited, random and poorly organised collection. 

The best option is BBC Sounds, but you need the right gear for that. Which speakers do you have? Which controller devices?