access/play specific playlist from OSX Music

• 25 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have specific playlists created in Music in OSx (iMac). I want to access these playlists via the iOS Sonos app and play them thru Sonos speakers. (Speakers are not AirPlay compatible).

How do I do this? I don’t need access to the complete Music Library on the iMac. Just specific playlists.

Thank you for your support.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you setup a music library in the Sonos app or Sonos Desktop Controller with the music on your iMac specifically from iTunes, it will also import the playlists you have created in iTunes. 

thank you GuitarSuperstar. I set up the music library and am able to see the playlists too. But it plays a very limited number of tracks. Keeps saying it isn’t able to find the track. Perhaps it takes time for the music library to be properly set up? (My library is over 500GB)

Userlevel 7

It could be that more time is needed to update all of your song files, or certain typesof song files cannot be played through Sonos. It could also be network related issues.