Access for iHeartRadio on Sonos in Australia and New Zealand

• 17 September 2013
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A Sonos customer suggested: "Now that iHeartRadio is available in Australia and New Zealand, any chance that it could be made available via Sonos, please?"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Hi, we have just recently purchased a Sonos system and I am disappointed that I can't play my local radio stations through iheartradio and Sonos.

I notice that the last post was 11 months ago, is there any change in the situation as I don't really want to listen to American radio stations. Yes I can play any/all USA stations and the iheart for you options. I would love to be able to get our local stations going but when I go into "nearby Stations" there is nothing listed.

As I have one station as my favourite, I can see it via Sonos but I get the "unable to play" error message.

On browsing the forums there was one post about clicking a link to vote for Australia (or something like that) but when I clicked the link it went to a dead page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandii
Sandii,

Can I recommend that you look at TuneIn as a possible solution, rather than iHeartRadio? They carry many overseas stations in their feed. You don't even have to hook it up in sonos to investigate, they have a web interface at www.tunein.com that you could probably use to do your research a tad more quickly. Once you've confirmed that it exists, then you could install in your Sonos.
Hi Sandii,

I Heart Radio now does work in our part of the world. I recall seeing an email about it a number of months ago from either Sonos or I Heart so I immediately went and tried to see if it would work and it did. I'm in New Zealand and listen to NZ stations on I Heart through my Sonos set up very easily. You just need to sign in to I Heart in the Sonos app and it should work.

Good luck! :)
Paul
Sandii,

Can I recommend that you look at TuneIn as a possible solution, rather than iHeartRadio? They carry many overseas stations in their feed. You don't even have to hook it up in sonos to investigate, they have a web interface at www.tunein.com that you could probably use to do your research a tad more quickly. Once you've confirmed that it exists, then you could install in your Sonos.

Thanks Bruce, TuneIn worked like a dream instant access to my fav radio station in Vic. Really appreciate your feedback.

Sandii
Hi Sandii,

I Heart Radio now does work in our part of the world. I recall seeing an email about it a number of months ago from either Sonos or I Heart so I immediately went and tried to see if it would work and it did. I'm in New Zealand and listen to NZ stations on I Heart through my Sonos set up very easily. You just need to sign in to I Heart in the Sonos app and it should work.

Good luck! :)
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the feedback but I still can't get it to work but I am now using TuneIn which worked instantly thanks to Bruce's feedback.

Sandii
I'm happy it's working. I've found Tunein to be most helpful (and in all honesty, I know folks who work there, so I'm a tad biased).