Access for iHeartRadio on Sonos in Australia and New Zealand

• 17 September 2013
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A Sonos customer suggested: "Now that iHeartRadio is available in Australia and New Zealand, any chance that it could be made available via Sonos, please?"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

I would love to access iHeartRadio through my SONOS. Please make it available to us in Australia.
Would also like to see iheartradio on sonos here in Australia....
+1 please
Userlevel 1
Badge
Is there any anticipate time that Sonos may implement iheartradio to Australia?
Keen for this to be available in NZ
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would love to use iheartradio in Australia with sonos. Iheartradio is available and growing here in Australia it is just ashamed we cannot access it through our sonos systems. Will it happen?
Userlevel 2
This should not be an 'idea' but an action. Comapring AU and US pricing of Sonos hardware and adjusting for the different exchange rate changes Sonos is making terrific profits per unit in AU. Why not put some of that extra profit you make off us down here into offering us service on par with the US?
Userlevel 1
Badge
It would be nice if someone from Sonos was reading this but no response and therefore, very little confidence. When Pandora was introduced in Australia we did similar and there was a response and soon after it was available.... Not the same commitment to iHeart Radio this time.
anything happening on this topic, i also want to listen to I heart
Yes, please add ANZ iHeartRadio stations. I have a couple of stations that have removed their content from TuneIn radio and only streaming through iHeartRadio now.
Would love the iheartradio app on Sonos please! We have stopped using our Sonos and using a Bluetooth speaker to listen to Fav stations now 😞
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am also saying to people look at other systems because of their inaction and constant ignoring the Australian based users. With new products coming online Sonos is just not hitting the mark here.
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think iHeartRadio content is US only? So they're not really just leaving ANZ out of the picture it's other countries too that have iHeartRadio?

But, in saying that I wish they would have the discussion with iHeartRadio so they can use other iHeartRadio content from other countries besides US.
Userlevel 1
Badge
There is limited content other than US which was introduced Jul 13 at the same time they launched in ANZ. So now a year later, no movement or response that they are even looking at it for ANZ
Me too! Please bring iHeartRadio to NZ. Looks a bit stupid having Pandora available but not iHR through Sonos, especially when I can get iHR on all my other devices.
When will this be made available?  Some of our music stations are no longer offering a streaming service and suggest using iHR
Please make iheartradio available on Sonos in Australia! It was one if the reasons we bought the system, we just assumed it would work...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Try this: Ensure you have registered with iHeart Radio first. http://www.sonos.com/myaccount/ Log in and change country to US. Go back to your app and add Music Services Add iHeart Radio
Try this: Ensure you have registered with iHeart Radio first. http://www.sonos.com/myaccount/ Log in and change country to US. Go back to your app and add Music Services Add iHeart Radio
Great idea which worked right up yo the point where I wanted to listen to my local station which keeps advertising "listen to us on iheart radio". Because I'm now in the USA it lists American stations and my local station isn't listed in the international stations.

I now have iheart installed and can listen to some things but not my local Sydney station and only by lying about my location.

Please fix this Sono.
Any progress on this Sonos?
+1 Why isn't this happening?
I think the sonos product would be alot more mainstream down here if iheart was intergrated, as most of the mainstream radio stations are on iheart
Come on Sonos! Is this going to be sorted anytime soon? It's obvious from other threads that you're monitoring this one so how about a response to update your customers?!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Come on Sonos! Is this going to be sorted anytime soon? It's obvious from other threads that you're monitoring this one so how about a response to update your customers?!
Hi RNZALR, I'm afraid we don't have any news to share at this time. We will post here the moment we have anything to share. Thanks.
Sorry I don't believe that. The reason it's not available is obviously because of licencing issues. If it's not then I'm stunned.

So how about an update on that? When does the current licence agreement with whomever expire? Which party is dragging their heals? Sonos or iheart? (Although you'd never admit it if it was yourselves). How about a timeline as to when this can be expected? Is this even being worked on? Is it a priority and if so where does that priority rank against other priorities?

Saying you have no news is a corporate cop out which anyone who works in such an environment can spot a mile away. So how about you front up and provide a bit of clarity rather than hiding behind that veil of corporate nonsense?