Welcome to Music, culture & the industry

What's happening in the world of music and digital media? What are you listening to this week? #NowPlaying

Sonos v Bose Soundtouch

As a long term Sonos user (play 1, play 3, 2 play5, sub, connect and amp) when a friend bought a Bose Soundtouch II (with a $200 discount), I wonderered if the Bose would be so good that I wanted one....

Spotify Connect, serious competition

Spotify today announced Spotify Connect, which will be a series of hardware from well-known hardware to seamlessly integrate spotify onto devices where the control is from the regular Spotify applicat...

Sonos Zone Headphones

What about a set of Sonos wireless headphones that appear as a zone on the controller? I luv been about to stream my music to every speaker, I know you can using line-out you can setup up headphones,...

Best Songs for SUB and Stereo Imaging?

Hi Everyone! I have SUB configured with two PLAY:1's in a stereo pair and was wondering what everyones favourite songs are that you think really brings out the best of SUB and the wonderful stereo im...

When will there be support for Apple HomeKit ?
Question

I've just watched the Apple WWDC and I'm wondering why I should stay with Sonos, now that apple have brought announced its own spa Ian awaness speaker. I think in light of this announcement it would...

Recommended music - other than classical and pop

I am not sure there is a thread on what Sonos is truly about - the music, so this might be an interesting thread. I have left out classical because that deserves a thread of its own and modern pop bec...

I guess I don't get Chromecast Audio
Question

OK, I have a 3 Sonos zones in my house along with the 5.1 system. What I'm struggling with is what seems to be gross ignorance in the press that writes about Sonos vs. Chromecast Audio. I don't have C...

IMPORTANT: Links in Signatures

This is a friendly warning. We've been getting quite a few posts from new users who are really spammers and who are including links to their sites in their signatures. If we find posts from new users...

Sonos and Google Home

Love the Sonos gear and ease of use. It just works, and that's all anyone could ask for - almost. :-D Here is a feature request - I'm asking for Google Home and Sonos be integrated to work together...

15 year anniversary, 15% discount

Sonos are celebrating their 15th anniversary with a 15% discount on all new products. The promotion begins today and ends on 15th September. The email I received this morning suggests the offer is val...

Some clarification in Airplay 2 support please
Question

We have a new Playbase, several Gen 1 Sonos Play:1's, a couple of Play:3's and a couple of Play:5's (Not the newest ones, bought a few years ago). Sonos have announced support for Airplay 2 on the Pl...

Sonos wireless headphones (or earbuds)

This is a question for the Sonos owners and designers. Excellent concept, the products are splendid, but why are there no options for Sonos wireless headphones? There must be millions of customers w...

List of Onkyo receivers that work with Sonos

Onkyo said theywould release their list of onkyo and pioneer receivers that work with sonos and they did. https://ce-pro.eu/news/home-cinema/audio-av/pioneer-onkyo-products-now-work-with-sonos-speak...

Portable speaker

Is there a portable speaker on the market that works with Sonos. For example, I would like to be able to use my Bose SoundLink Mini on my deck and have it connected to my Sonos system on an as needed...

Anyone see this!!?

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/24/sonos-zoneplayer-zp80-leaked/#comments

Sony ES receivers & "Sonos Connectivity"??

Sony is promoting that their ES receivers have "Sonos connectivity"... http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/compare-products.php#receivers ...anyone knows what that means?

Sonos vs Echo vs Google Home

Has Sonos made any announcements since the Google Home announcement? You have to assume that Apple / Microsoft are not far behind .. Even the Google Home announcement has to get someone at Sonos t...

Echo Plus vs Sonos One
Answered

Echo Plus seems like it dose so much more and is $50.00 cheaper,am I missing something?

Bluesound a new Sonos with 24-bit

Hi I have just read about a new wireless sound system with hires. Has anybody heard about it ? www.bluesound.com from Canada. It sounds like a big competitor for Sonos, and they have a disksystem that...

New stuff?

http://www.slashgear.com/sonos-playbase-and-boost-tipped-incoming-24342525/

The Apple TV is finally getting Dolby Atmos support - Maybe now SONOS will make a stride for it.

Soon on June 6th we will know what is the current SONOS understanding on accepting other codecs. Apple TV has just announced that it will have DOLBY Atmos, since, SONOS said that one of the reasons fo...

Something big coming? Let the speculation begin...

http://www.slashgear.com/sonos-has-big-news-august-30th-is-it-alexa-voice-control-12451637/

UK Price Rises

I was very disappointed to be informed of the Sonos price rises in the UK. Although the dollar rate is blamed it doesn't account for why the products are much cheaper in some countries? £100 rise on t...

Homepod - let's get this started...

Searched and nothing on Apple Homepod yet so I'll start this inevitable discussion. I see the Homepod announcement as an opportunity for Sonos rather than an end. Now that they know what the Apple...

Homepod vs Sonos

Picked up a Homepod over the weekend. No comparison to my Sono's system...in fact it has made me fall in love with my Sonos all over again. Whoever said that the Homepod is a Play5 killer is on crac...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings