Welcome to Music, culture & the industry

What's happening in the world of music and digital media? What are you listening to this week? #NowPlaying

When will there be support for Apple HomeKit ?
Question

I've just watched the Apple WWDC and I'm wondering why I should stay with Sonos, now that apple have brought announced its own spa Ian awaness speaker. I think in light of this announcement it would...

UK Price Rises

I was very disappointed to be informed of the Sonos price rises in the UK. Although the dollar rate is blamed it doesn't account for why the products are much cheaper in some countries? £100 rise on t...

Amazon Echo
Question

When will Sonos release the Amazon Echo app they have been talking about since August 2016???

Please Please PLEASE integrate within Apple Music / AirPlay 2

As recent posts have been touching upon, in regards to Apple's WWDC this year, I am worried about being left behind. With the current marketing and branding techniques, Sonos feels like a user friendl...

Sonos Company Ethicacy, Morality and Integrity Core Values?

In the aftermath of the CR100 debacle it may be helpful to discuss the direction and methods taken by Sonos management to achieve their end goal of retiring the CR100 by force and the impact on and pe...

Thoughts after the WWDC Keynote? (AIrPlay 2.0, HomePod, etc.)

1. HomePod: I think after Apple's announcement today, Sonos might feel more pressure to push the Alexa integration for release. I hope Sonos figures this out soon. 2. AirPlay 2.0 AirPlay 2.0 is a dir...

SUB-tastic songs

The SUB is so powerful.... SO let's share our favourite SUB songs! ZZ Ward - LOVE 3X (RAC Mix) - https://soundcloud.com/zzward/love-3x-rac-remix Oliver - Light Years Away - https://soundcloud.com/wea...

Very happy with Sonos Support

I hope that this is the right place to post this message. I have recently had a failure in my Sonos Play 5 which required a warranty replacement. Having experienced these things in the past I was pre...

Privacy statement concern

Am I the only one that finds the new privacy statement disturbing? I cannot recall ever being told when I bought my seven products over a period of time that Sonos had the right to threaten disabling...

Homepod vs Sonos

Picked up a Homepod over the weekend. No comparison to my Sono's system...in fact it has made me fall in love with my Sonos all over again. Whoever said that the Homepod is a Play5 killer is on crac...

Meet the Man Who's Building Sonos' Audio Internet

Great article in Wired. https://www.wired.com/story/sonos-nick-millington-exclusive-interview/

Join the Sonos NY team

Exciting news everyone! If you haven't heard, the first flagship Sonos Retail Store is being built as we speak and we're looking for music lovers to join our team. Is music more than just something yo...

Homepod - let's get this started...

Searched and nothing on Apple Homepod yet so I'll start this inevitable discussion. I see the Homepod announcement as an opportunity for Sonos rather than an end. Now that they know what the Apple...

What exactly does integration of Google Assistant mean?
Question

A question or two/three to Sonos: Today, anyone that wants to use the Google Mini with ANY third party speaker has to also buy the CCA puck from Google. But since Sonos users have been given a way to...

The End of Personal Music Uploads
Question

Looks like Amazon is planning to end your ability to upload or play personal music files, and many predict that all of the other music streaming services will eventually do the same. https://arstechni...

Mycroft integration

Currently the Sonos can be integrated with Alexa. There are plans for including Google Home an I even seen plans for integration with Siri. Are there any plans to integrate with Mycroft (https://mycr...

Spotify Connect, serious competition

Spotify today announced Spotify Connect, which will be a series of hardware from well-known hardware to seamlessly integrate spotify onto devices where the control is from the regular Spotify applicat...

Sonos, open your platform via api's to innovation; please!

Intercom system, manager of nest or nest like devices or internet of things/other things & innovation not yet conceived . Lock in and lowest common denominator: This is the down side to sonos...

Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon

Lana Del Rey is releasing her fourth studio album on September 18th called Honeymoon. Yesterday evening I was watching the video of her first single High by the beach. Not sure what I think about the...

Favorite Weekend Mashup or Playlist

Well everyone, it's Friday again! What's playing? For those of us in the US with a long weekend or anyone else taking one anyway, do you wind down the week or spin up the weekend? Maybe a little bit...

Music for the holiday season

I haven't seen such a thread here and it seems to be a good time to start one. I doubt there is much value in suggesting the pop carols and tunes by all the usual suspects; I reckon that albums that...

Communications from Sonos - a choice of language would be nice

I would like to see an option in the Sonos website and Customer database (as they surely have at least one) where we could provide our choice of language for e-mails etc. Although I live in France, I...

The loss of Bluenote on Sonos

March 31st was a sad day and the end of a much enjoyed era of commercial free Bluenote radio on Sonos. Thank you Sonos for bringing such a great Jazz experience to your customers, I greatly appreciat...

Apple Music 'recently added'
Question

First off, i really like the implementation of Apple Music in Sonos. The feauture /my music/RECENTLY ADDED from the Apple Music App is something that i really need in the Sonos App to keep a consist...

Something big coming? Let the speculation begin...

http://www.slashgear.com/sonos-has-big-news-august-30th-is-it-alexa-voice-control-12451637/

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings