Wouldn't it be nice to have a SONOS sound system in your car?

• 21 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Cadillac has Bose, Lincon has Revel it would be nice to see SONOS in a luxury car brand, preferably American Luxury brand. I personally hope they could swip Lincon from Revel. lol Though Revel is okay as it is a Samsung own brand and connected to JBL, Harmon Kardon, AKG and etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

How does it make sense to have a multi room system in the car?

Badge +1

How does it make sense to have a multi room system in the car?

:laughing: That does not make since at all but them venturing out into car audio like their completion, in the future sure does. Hoepfully the roomer about them making a pair of over the ear head headphones is true also. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Sonos and Audi are working together on something:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/10/22322827/sonos-audi-q4-e-tron-auto-sound-partnership

Saw that one.  I suspect Sonos was involved in tuning the passive speakers for the space, slapped their logo on it, and that’s it.  Can’t imagine they got too involved with the amp and 'brains’ of the infotainment system.

Although I get why car makers and audio companies pair up like this, I think it can be a mixed bag of good and bad PR.   The auto maker is going to make the system as cheap as possible, and regardless of how good it may be, there will be those who think it’s not good enough and will pull it out for some over the top custom system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It would be nice when the cooperation would extend a bit more towards Sonos’ string point - connectivity.

Sonos doesn’t do much without an internet connection. They make good speakers, but the software requires internet in order to carry any music streams. The current controller doesn’t actually play music, all it is is a remote control to tell the computer on each speaker where to go and get the stream to play from.

Given no evidence, I’m on Danny’s side of tuning, but not actual Sonos use of the in car speakers. Perhaps there’s some change coming….and perhaps the ability of the Roam to be a bluetooth speaker will fit in to the car solution, but unless that car comes 24/7 internet access (which is indeed possible!), any true Sonos integration is chancy, at best. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oops. Meant "strong” point of course ;-)

Badge +20

Google Sonos and Audi 

Badge

I’ve always want it in Mercedes *

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I can’t say I’ve ever chosen a car because of the speakers it comes with. Potentially it’s a good move for Sonos for increased revenue - and perhaps “brand awareness” as well. Beyond that, the technicians may learn new stuff that will filter into future home products. Maybe this will also be where we see some of the 2019-acquired Snips voice recognition technology coming into play?