Where are buzz, ratty, majik...and others of their ilk?

• 1 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I don't see these unpaid forum stalwarts anymore and I miss their posts. In my early days here, and even later, I learnt a lot from their posts on various issues related to both Sonos and home audio in general. Users and posters of today don't know what they are missing obviously; suffice it to say that they are missing a lot.

In places like these, people move on and one loses track of them; wherever they are, here's hoping they are well and thriving in their present pursuits.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I just had the same thought - and happened upon your post! Such is the ephemeral nature of the internet.
Badge +20
They do still post... occasionally, I was never a frequent poster despite being here forever (and the other forums) digital expert anyone 😃
We do still post. However, I think for us (well, me personally) since the change of forum software, this place has become a little bit less engaging to me than it was before.

Part of this was, of course, that I was a user-moderator and that commitment meant I needed to log into the forum every day just to help keep on top of the spam. Whilst I was at it I would keep on top of what was going on, jump into discussions and, if necessary, flag stuff to Sonos staff.

I don't need to to that any more. Whilst I enjoyed doing it at the time, I have come to realise it's a blessing than I no longer have to do it. It was a chore that I didn't realise was imposing on my life in a few different ways, and I'm glad I no longer have to do it. At the same time I'm pleased that I did it. It was a great experience at the time, and I would like to think that we have contributed to Sonos's success in a (very) small way.

But things change, life moves on. I no longer have the need to log on as regularly, I kinda dislike the new forum software and, frankly, I've taken the opportunity to spend less time online and more time in the real world.

On that last point, I also deleted my facebook account a few years ago, and generally spend very little time on social media outside a few specific chat communities I'm involved in (and even there I'm reducing my engagement). In general I spend much less time online (outside of work) than I used to. This has given me more personal time to play, learn, and discover new things.

That means less time on the Sonos forums (as well as others) but I strongly encourage others to consider doing the same. Facebook would be the first to delete: cutting that cord is hard because they deliberately make it addictive, but for anything actually important people now text, email or even phone me.

Embrace #jomo.

Cheers,

Keith
Thanks for that interesting insight Keith. Forums are, by their current nature, such anonymous places, you do wonder at times about the disappearance of longtime contributors.

Personally, partly for work reasons, I never embraced Facebook, and know not what I miss....

I wonder how Kumar is getting on in his post non-upgrade Docked Sonos world?